All of Us Judges Are Doing It!

  • JAIL4Judges.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 14, 2010

      All of Us Judges Are Doing It!
      By Ron Branson

      As most of you may already know, an impeachment trial is underway in Congress of Federal Judge Thomas Porteous who faces being the eighth potential federal judge since the founding of our country to be convicted of impeachment. I have been following this case, and observing the arguments. Having read a published report by NOLA.com, I thought it interesting to convey one of this judge's defenses, namely, that all of us judges throughout the United States are accepting free lunches from the parties with cases pending before them!  What a defense! "All of Us Judges Throughout the United States are doing it!"

      And you can bet your booties that if all the judges in the United States are accepting free lunches paid for by the parties before them, this bribery scandal goes much further, very much further than just "free lunches!" What are the possibilities that sitting at lunch with the judge in one's own case may also include a fat unmarked envelope?  Only a fool could think otherwise. "Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?"  I Corinthians 5:6

      Ron Branson
      National J.A.I.L. Commander-In-Chief
      VictoryUSA@...
      www.jail4judges.org

      http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/09/judge_thomas_porteous_impeachm_2.html

      "On Monday, Porteous' lead attorney, Jonathan Turley, said that the House filed charges that are demonstably untrue, and primarily relied on alleged improper conduct before he became a federal judge in 1994. Turley said some of the conduct mentioned, such as accepting free lunches from attorneys with cases before him was commonplace not only in Jefferson Parish, but courts throughout the United States."