The Role of Government - by Ron Branson

  • JAIL4Judges.org
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2010

      Meg Whitman is the Wealthy Republican Candidate for Governor of California

      Posted on "Talk to Meg" Website.
      There is much discussion today regarding what great things certain politicians and/or governments are going to give to, or do for the people. However, well said are the words of Thomas Paine, "Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one." I become concerned when I hear of what great things government is going to be provided me. What I want to hear, and more so, practiced, is what constraints is going to placed upon government. A good Governor is one who practices constraint, just as Thomas Jefferson stated, "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
      We have created to ourselves three branches of government; the Legislative to create laws, the executive to carry out those laws with the power to short-circuit enforcement, (veto, and the power to pardon), and the judiciary, designed to hold all government in check should it reach outside the box, the box being the Constitution. And of course, last, but not least, the People in the forum of the jury, both Petite and Grand. But the People are not a part of the three branches of government, but rather the sovereign to which the three branches of government serve.
      All earthly powers resides with the People, as described in our Declaration of Independence passed by unanimous consent of Congress July 4th, 1776, to wit, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." Thus, there are no powers of government that can go beyond the consent of the governed. If it does, it is not government, but rather usurpation, as also described in our Declaration of Independence, and opens the door for revolt against such tyrants posing themselves off as "government officials," and manifesting itself as badge power.
      Turning this country around is quite easy. The drawback is the willingness of the People to apply the proper principles necessary to turn around this country. So long as we "look to government" to provide for us jobs, education, and public assistance, we shall not recover our slide downward toward becoming a third-world nation.
      In 1996 I wrote precisely of what was going to happen to our country regarding the banks, the economy, jobs, businesses and housing, and behold all came to pass in just 10 years as if today's newspaper. And we are not finished yet, for the worse is yet to come. Is the answer in government? No! Indeed, it was government that was at the helm of what I precisely predicted. I did not use a crystal ball, but rather common sense.

      As I have stated, turning this country around is quite easy. The problem is with the ignorance of the People. "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee," Hosea 4:6  If we keep doing the things we have always done, we shall always get what we have always gotten! It is time for change. But when I say "change," I refer not to what we commonly hear from certain politicians!
      Ron Branson
      National J.A.I.L. Commander-In-Chief
      Los Angeles, California