Nightmare In South Dakota

    Message 1 of 1 , May 21, 2009

      Nightmare In South Dakota

      By Greg Halvorson - ghalvie@...

      Ron Branson stated:

      I was mocked by those in South Dakota during the 2006 election on this point. They said, “If Ron Branson had his way, we would have to provide a jury trial to prosecute anyone who did not get a dog license.” I smiled at this observation of our enemies, but chose not to comment thereon. They are entirely correct, inasmuch as a dog license does not fall within the exception for impeachments. However, this conclusion is not based upon “what Ron thinks,” but upon the supreme law of the land, the Constitution. I didn’t happen to be around, or even make the suggestion, that we include this mandate when this provision was placed in our Constitution. They argue to me that they don’t have the money to give a jury trial to everyone that demands such trial for every citation they write. That’s tough! What are they proposing? Do they wish to abolish our Constitution?

      ~   ~   ~