In The Name Of "Politically Correct."

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 6, 2000

      Squirt Gun Being Removed from Statue
      CNSNews.com
      Thursday, August 3, 2000
          A statue that passed muster 21 years ago when it was installed in the fountain of a Santa Fe, N.M., city park is being altered to remove a squirt gun from the little boy's hand.
          Sculptor Linda Strong said Wednesday that she agreed with those who are criticizing her statue as politically incorrect.
          Strong's statue shows a boy and girl having a water fight,  the girl with a hose, the boy with a squirt gun. Strong created it to show the joys of being young.
          After some reflection, Strong decided to chisel off the boy's hand and give him a new one in which he too will hold a hose.
          "I think it's the right thing to do," she said. "I don't like revisionism in art, but I think art in public places has another responsibility." *
      Copyright CNSNews.com

      Sent to JAIL by abbas4@...

      *  We wonder how this trend will affect toy soldiers, tanks and air-force bombers, not to speak of toy police officers and space toys. And then there is to consider artwork of  minutemen and statues across this country of our Founding Fathers carrying muskets?
         What has this country come to in order to be "politically correct?" It use to be that most every young boy owned a 22 caliber rifle and went hunting with their father. And when they had all these guns, seldom was it heard of any problem.