* * * The Day Will Come - By Barbie (J.A.I.L. ACIC) * * *

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2008

      THE DAY WILL COME

      By Barbie (Administrator)

      National J.A.I.L. Associate Commander-In-Chief

      VictoryUSA@...

      P.O. Box 207, No.Hwd., CA. 91603

      Forwarded by Ron Branson

      In these days of dark distress

      I come to you, I must confess..

      I come to you with outstretched hand

      To tell you of that Promised Land!

      I come to tell you of my Lord

      How you can trust Him by His Word.

      Now, you may scoff and you may shrink

      Away from Truth-- but on the brink

      You'll find a hell, so vile and cruel

      Awaiting every scoffing fool!

      "Take your religion, leave it at home

      Take your contentions from which I'll roam.

      Don't bother me! I'm doing fine..

      Mind your own business and I'll mind mine!"

      Sounds all familiar from lashing tongue

      Self-righteous claims, all said and done.

      Safe and secure, you feel with your lot

      With no need of "junk" the Christians have got!

      Take heed when you bolster your standing, so tall

      Lest while you are boasting, you have a great fall.

      All of your riches will go up in smoke

      You'll have nothing left-- not a hat nor a cloak.

      The day will come when all that I've said

      Will come to pass, and you will dread

      The fiery pit, the painful seethe

      With gnawing tongue and gnashing teeth!

      O, this may sound to you remote

      A thought on which you will not dote.

      These things, you feel, cannot be true

      And certainly-- won't happen to you!!

      O foolish heart and haughty pride

      Don't you know, you'll slip and slide?

      You'll tumble from your lofty perch

      Come crashing down, without a search!

      Your "goodness" then will come to naught

      Because the Saviour was not sought.

      I come to you and humbly plead

      Open your eyes and see all your need

      Open your heart to the Saviour's call

      And let Him come in, once and for all!

      The time is short, 'twill soon be spent

      Then nothing you do, or ever had meant

      Will free you from guilt or sorrowful shame

      From eternal hell and tortuous maim!

      Don't scoff and reject these words, I implore!

      Don't run from he Truth and receive it no more..

      The day will come when sneering will cease

      And judgment on all will have its release

      On those who refused to open their eyes

      Rejecting the Truth, but accepting lies!

      On those who did turn away from our pleas

      To look upon Christ and fall on their knees.

      The day will come, and soon enough

      When all these things you'll not rebuff.

      You'll not refuse to see the Light

      For it will be so shining bright

      On every eye and trembling lip

      That mocked Him so with every quip.