* * * The Passing of the Bar * * *

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2008

      It is pleasurable looking into the archives of past J.A.I.L. News Journals to seek how appropriate J.A.I.L.s messages still are. This September 7, 2002 JNJ is entitled, “The Passing of the Bar.”    – Ron Branson

      Los Angeles, California                                           September 7, 2002
      HotSeat4Judges/M-Th/5pmPT   TheJAILerMakers   What?MeWarden?
      T-ShirtMe!                FedJAIL4FedJudges                   E-mail&hosting

      The Passing of The BAR

      by Ron Branson

      Dearly beloved, we are gathered here this day to mourn the passing of the BAR. She was great in her day, for she made many rich, famous and powerful. She led in the Senate and in the House, and in the various state legislatures. She dominated the executive branch , and entirely controlled the judiciary. Presidents extolled her, the powerful praised her, and potentates stood in awe!

      While there are many good things to recall about her, we are unable to ignore the obvious -  she was also greatly hated. Many derided her, and treated her as the offscouring of all things, claiming she was lower that a snake's belly, a bottom-dweller, and never to be trusted.

      She became the brunt of many jokes over the years -  jokes of the lowest nature that were so brutal and so egregious that it angered her offspring - Members of the BAR. She was accused of whoring after many lovers among all the nations of the earth.

      It was even said of her children that they conspired together with others with such descriptive words as, "They all lie in wait for blood; they hunt every man his brother with a net, that they may do evil with both hands earnestly, the prince asketh, and the judge asketh for a reward; and the great man, he uttereth his mischievous desire: so they wrap it up. The best of them is as a brier: the most upright is sharper than a thorn hedge:" (Micah 7: 2 - 4.) "Judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter, Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey:" Isaiah 59: 14 - 15. "Your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness. .... They trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity. They hatch cockatrice' eggs, and weave the spider's web: he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper. .... Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts are thoughts of iniquity: wasting and destruction are in their paths." Isaiah 59: 3 - 7.

      She began to wane and lose her strength after her many years of good health when the people began to become restless, and started looking for answers. It finally dawned upon them that J.A.I.L. (Judicial Accountability Initiative Law) was their only answer. They set up websites and educated themselves and others, and finally instituted J.A.I.L. within their various Constitutions by amendment.

      With these actions accomplished, soon advocates began to enter upon  her courts arguing such things as that the people were entitled to the right to have assistance of counsel under the Sixth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution as distinguished from representation by Members of the BAR.

      Her children, Members of the BAR, fought fervently for their mother, arguing before the judges that "Representation by the BAR" was the same as "Assistance of counsel." At first the BAR members prevailed with this argument before the judges, including being upheld on all appeals. But then came the final blow.

      Complaints were quickly lodged with the Citizens' Special Grand Juries created by J.A.I.L. throughout the country. This placed all the judges ruling in favor of the BAR in a predicament. These judges were being called upon to justify before these randomly drawn Citizens Grand Jurors how "Representation," which is defined as "The substitution of an individual," is the same thing as "Assistance," which is defined as, "SUPPORT."

      No matter how much legalese these judges argued in their own defense, these citizens serving on these Special Grand Juries were just not convinced. Judges were being stripped of their judicial immunity and started being sued for damages. They were accumulating one, two and eventually three strikes which led to their permanent removal from the bench. What's more, cases were being reversed on the grounds of judges' refusal to allow the right to the assistance of counsel when demanded.

      It very quickly become known publicly that one did not have to hire a Member of the BAR in order to appear before a judge, but that they could seek a trusted friend, or a paralegal to provide them assistance of counsel under the Sixth Amendment.

      This had the devastating effect of everyone abandoning Members of the BAR in droves, seeking the assistance of counsel from their friends who had legal knowledge.

      The result was a tremendous oversupply of lawyers, all competing with one other, each seeking to hustle even a single case which would more  likely go to the newly-risen paralegal industry or to friends.

      Her children BAR Members began to drop their prices, and drop their prices, and drop their prices; but still the cases were going to more trusted people, for the people did not trust Members of the BAR.

      Eventually Members of the BAR were finding that not only was such membership not an advantage, but actually was a disadvantage; for as soon as anyone found he was a Member of the BAR, the clients went elsewhere. So BAR Members began to hide the fact that they were Members of the BAR, and began to compete with the paralegals, just to get work -- any work. "Trust me,  p l e a s e!" they said.

      BAR members abandoned the BAR Association like rats on a sinking ship, so that they no longer paid BAR membership dues; and former (hidden) BAR Member "A," was going up against former (hidden) BAR Member "B" in court, neither willing to divulge that he was, or ever had been, a lawyer. They only admitted to just being "paralegals," for the term "lawyer" stank.

      Having lost most all resources, her strength was depleted, resulting in the passing of the BAR.

      She is survived by only a few children, scrounging for work as Members of the BAR who are about to give up lawyering. Her fatality is directly attributable to J.A.I.L. bringing enforcement to the Sixth Amendment right to the assistance of counsel.

      She is gone, but not forgotten. We will all remember

      the passing of the BAR.

      -Ron Branson