*** Meet General Brown ***

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 27, 2000

      MEET GENERAL BROWN

      Pastor John:

          Your short letter brought tears to my eyes. Okay, you have asked how you can become a General, or be of help in this cause for freedom. I will now attempt to answer your question.
          First, I am thankful that you are not a "government authorized church," and that you take your orders directly from Christ, the Head of the Church. That fact resolves the question as to whom you owe your allegiance. (As you know, government churches are not allowed to influence "Lord Government." This is so because the Government is a jealous Government who will have no other gods before it, and certainly not the man "Christ!") Psalms 2.
          Oh, aren't I sarcastic? But that is my message when at the pulpit. But we're now talking about a church getting involved in nasty politics, a no-no. How dare you challenge the status quo and step out as a church into this forbidden territory. Hey, you might wake up sleeping pastors who might likewise rise up to follow your example. "If we leave him thus alone all men will believe..." (Jn.11:48). They can't allow that now, can they!         What if churches started breaking out of their lethargy and started a revival in this country. "No! No! We can't allow that. It just can't be. Go back to reading your Bible and praying."
          And what if the churches across America, regardless of their denominations, started taking up the cause of JAIL and told the government they've had enough, and insisted on JAIL, and nothing less! (Oh, my, sedition.) And what if the churches in mass declared their independence from Lord Government and said, "We will NOT bend, bow or burn!"
          All this to say, since Christ is your Head, would such a stand as this for your church be pleasing to your Lord. If "Yes," then the cost of such stand is irrelevant. Your choice is clear and not open for discussion! When you step out, there will be no turning back! Executing that choice will automatically make you "Honorable General Brown!" Your troops will gather behind you, and you will find an army beyond your dreams. Does that mean clear sailing to Victory? Absolutely not! And I don't believe I have to explain that.
          Details: Indiana, unfortunately, is not an initiative state, and therefore all efforts to make an amendment to your state's constitution must be done through your legislature. Eternal Grace Baptist Church should start by contacting JAIL's  current JAIL Advocate in Indiana, Sue Marie Coverdale, at injail4judges@... and making an acquaintance. Work with her and plan strategies on how to pursue your goal. Unlike  normal state legislation, the entire country is being broadsided with JAIL, giving legislators little choice.
          JAIL is involved in coalition gathering. JAIL is gaining more force and every greater inroads. As Pastor Brown leads his church into the front lines of the battle, he will be the first church to officially join JAIL's nationwide cause as a church. Presto - General Brown! Your stars await you.
          "There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, of wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life." Mk.10: 29, 30.
          You have a whole army out here just waiting for your leadership, General Brown. "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us." Heb. 12:1.  And just to prove the point, I will ask those reading this  letter to contact you with their yeas. Folks, Pastor/General Brown may be reached at preacher@.... You may visit his churches most informative website at http://www.link2000.net/~preacher. Say hello to General Brown, and give him your support and prayers. His church is located at:

      Eternal Grace Baptist Church of New Maysville, Indiana
      64th Judicial District
      8965 N. Country Road 675 E.
      Bainbridge, Indiana
      (765) 522-1308

      -Ron Branson-

      Sent: Saturday, July 15, 2000 1:50 PM
      Subject: Thanks for writing

      Dear Ronald Branson:

      In what way could I, an unworthy servant, be a General to anyone or of help to you?

      May God be glorified in each of our lives!

      Sincerely,

      Pastor Brown

      "I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything, but I can do something.  And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.  What I can do, I should do.  And what I should do, by the grace of God, I will do."   - Edward Everett Hale

      You are welcome to visit my website, if you do let me know.
      http://www.link2000.net/~preacher/    or email me preacher@...