Green Light for More WACOs?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 22 11:01 AM
      The Green Light for More WACOs?

      Appearing in
      Daily News (Los Angeles)
      Saturday, July 22, 2000, page 11

      Government Cleared in Siege... [excerpts]
      The New York Times

          ST. LOUIS -- John Danforth, the special counsel investigating the 1993 tear-gas assault by federal agents on the Branch Dividian compound, Friday issued a sweeping report that cleared Attorney General Janet Reno and the government of any wrongdoing in the deadly episode.
          .... Danforth, a former Republican senator from Missouri, did not mince words. He declared the agents did not shoot at the Branch Dividians and did not start the fire that destroyed the compound on April 19, 1993, claiming the lives of about 80 people.
          He said the military was not used improperly and that the government "did not engage in a massive conspiracy and coverup."  ....
          .... He spoke pointedly and passionately about how public confidence in government had eroded....
          The report concluded the FBI agents fired three pyrotechnic rounds at a bunker about 75 yards from the living quarters of the Dividians.  The rounds did not cause any damage, the report said. *
      * ...and word is out that the WACO tragedy never really happened-- it's just a concoction of the vast right-wing conspiracy to discredit the government. RB

      Folks: From the inception of the J.A.I.L. initiative, I have been urging people to have cooler heads in reacting to the out-of-control powers that be in this nation. I have implored that we owe it to this country to first attempt a non-violent method of seeking a remedy to the tyranny through J.A.I.L.  Do reports like the above help quell the fire that rages in our hearts? Are the embers still burning?  You decide.  JAIL is still the ONLY answer. -Ron-