* * Money Connected to Over 80% of Judicial Seats * *

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2007
      Los Angeles, California                              April 23, 2007

      The Battle Lines are Drawn:  J.A.I.L. versus The Foreign Power

      A Power Foreign to Our Constitution

      Mission Statement      JNJ Library        Federal J.A.I.L.

      FAQs              What?MeWarden?
      www.sd-jail4judges.org

      NorthJersey.com

      Political donations often pave way to seat on the bench

      Sunday, April 22, 2007

      By Kibret Markos

      Staff Writer

      More than 80 percent of judges appointed to the bench in North Jersey in recent years have donated thousands of dollars to senators who held the fate of their candidacies, records show.

      The practice is legal and has been followed for decades. Many judges, attorneys and senators strongly defend it, stressing that the selection process -- far from being a form of pay-to-play -- has produced an effective judiciary.

      But others say it's an unfair means of choosing candidates for an institution looked upon as the bastion of fairness.

      New Jersey courts aren't getting the most qualified candidates, they say, but rather the most qualified among a small pool of loyal insiders.

      "Over the years, some very qualified people who aspire to go to the bench ask me how they could do it," said Barry Epstein, former president of the New Jersey State Bar Association. "I tell them, 'You have to find a senator to support your candidacy.' "

      Several judges declined comment on the practice, referring questions to their supervisors.

      Reached by phone, Bergen County's chief jurist, Assignment Judge Sybil Moses, declined comment.

      "The selection of judges is strictly a legislative and executive determination," she said, before hanging up. ....

      Entire article may be seen at:

      http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2MDcmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTcxMjA1OTYmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXky

      Kibret Markos may be reached at  markos@...

      According to the above report, in New Jersey less 20% of those applying for a judgeship obtain that judgeship who did not first fork over money to the decider.

      History is replete with numerous occasions in which governors and politicians have accepted "donations" from those who wanted intercessions on their behalf. Of course, when cornered on the subject, everyone denies that the money given  them affected their decisions.

      In California, the FBI in pursuing bribery investigations, found that California  legislators had unofficially established a "Green Day."  A Green Day was a code name for a certain day of each week in which a "patron" would enter their legislator's office and present the legislator with an envelope. The unofficial rules were that no one was to discuss on Green Day proposed legislation or advocacy associated with the envelope. They were to come back later in the week, or the next week on a "Non-Green Day" to discuss what it was that they wanted. The objective was obvious - avoidance of detecting that the envelope was tied to the constituent's objective.

      I recall a past incident in which the acceptance a bribe by a judge became the subject in which the judge admitted to accepting a bribe, but denied that the money he had taken influenced his decision. In his defense, he argued that he had taken a bribe from both sides in the case that was in the approximate same amount of $5,000 and thus, the bribes cancelled each other out and made a level playing field.

      J.A.I.L. (Judicial Accountability Initiative Law) www.jail4judges. org

      To be automatically added to future mailings, place the word Subscribe

      in the subject line and email to VictoryUSA@jail4jud ges.org

      We are a ministry in great need of your financial support. Please donate to

      this important work at "J.A.I.L." P.O. Box 207, North Hollywood, CA 91603

      J.A.I.L. is a unique addition to our Constitution heretofore unrealized.

      E-Group sign on at http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/jail4judge s/join

      Visit our active flash - http://www.jail4jud ges.org/national _001.htm

      *   *   *

      He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to

      our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his assent to

      their acts of pretended legislation.    - Declaration of Independence

      minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."  - Samuel Adams

      "There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who i

      striking at the root."   -- Henry David Thoreau