*** "Jail for Judges" Coming to a State Near You ***

  • Jail 4 Judges
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 17, 2006

      Los Angeles, California                              November 17, 2006
      The Inherent Right of ALL People to Alter or Reform Government.
      The Right Upon Which All Other Rights Depend
      FAQs              What?MeWarden?
      www.sd-jail4judges.org

      "Jail for Judges" Coming to a State Near You

      Beware of this "Wolff" disguised in sheep's clothing!

      The above is a title given in a letter sent to us November 6th, the day before the election. We deemed it of public interest and hereby republish it in part along with a copy of the October 12th Warren County Record newspaper article entitled "'Jail for Judges' Threat."

      Recently, Chief Justice of the Missouri Supreme Court, Michael A. Wolff, in an article published in a Missouri newspaper, entitled "Jail For Judges Threat," expressed concern about citizens' challenges of the structural integrity of the Missouri judiciary. Wolff stated that if judges can be held directly accountable under proposed sanctions by the citizenry, this would be political interference which will weaken or destroy our constitutional system of checks & balances.

      Wolff then quotes only the last sentence of an opinion of former U.S. Supreme Court Justice, Louis Brandeis: "The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment of men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding."  Wolff implies in his article that we Missourians, being ignorant of the law, have no right to question judicial acts and therefore cannot interfere with the "independent judiciary."

      Wolff's article is intentionally misleading, and constitutionally incorrect. When one reads the preceding 3 sentences of Brandeis' quote in Olmstead v. United States, 277 U.S. 438, 485, 48 S.Ct. 564, 575, 72 L.Ed 944 (1928), it was dissent against intrusive acts of government against people, to wit: "[I]t is ... immaterial that the intrusion was in aid of law enforcement. Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the Government's purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers ..." Id. at 479.

      According to Article I, §§1, 2, & 3, Missouri Constitution, the people who comprise the State of Missouri are the holders of the inherent political power over all internal state government "... and police thereof," and this power is DIRECT AUTHORITY, not indirect through voting. It is this political power which Wolff is attacking. In Missouri, our Constitution provides the means by which we may, DIRECTLY, by political action, hold ... judges accountable for misbehavior in office in Article VII, & Chapter 106, RSMo.

      Wolff says the "Jail For Judges" proposal is an attempt at "... making the judiciary a tool of a particular segment of our society or special interest group," however, Wolff himself is a member of such a "special interest group," which, under color of law, under color of office, had impermissibly infiltrated every branch of Missouri State Government, in breach of the Separation of Powers Doctrine, and operates in the best interest of that group, and its associate groups, to the great detriment of Missourians.

      That group is the private, corporate instrumentality known as the "Missouri Bar Association," all members of which operate in defiance of Article I, §10, U.S. Constitution, in that they have made for themselves Title of Nobility, and elevated themselves into a political aristocracy, and systematically usurped political power from Missourians with their legal sophistry, depriving Missourians of our liberty & freedom with impunity.

      David G. Baugh,
      Victim of Criminal Govt.

      Page 8A   Warren County Record    Thursday, October 12, 2006
      'Jail for Judges' Threat
      By Chief Justice
      Michael A. Wolff

      (Excerpts)

      These are challenging times for courts around the country.... For instance, on the South Dakota ballot this year is an initiative called "Jail for Judges." The proposal would amend the state Constitution to allow special juries to indict, convict and sentence judges for making unpopular decisions. .... In our own state, we regularly have proposals in the general assembly--usually imported from elsewhere--to abolish or cripple that Missouri nonpartisan court plan through various measures that would make our state's courts more subject to political interference. ... Gone would be the central idea of the rule of law--that the Constitution and laws exist to protect all of us. ....

      I am not alone in my concern. U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, said in an interview shortly before her retirement, "The Framers understood quite well that without judges who could enforce the constitutional rights and guarantees without fear of retaliation, the Constitution would be meaningless...  The many calls for retaliation against judges for rulings in particular cases run directly counter to the concept of the Framers of the Constitution."  Justice O'Connor, in another interview said: "I've lived a long time, and in my lifetime I have never seen such hostility toward judges coming from [the] Legislative [branch], and a little bit from [the] Executive [branch] ... and especially the states."

      In a recent opinion column in The Wall Street Journal, Justice O'Connor wrote that the legal community "needs help from other sectors of society to insure that the current mood of cynicism does not end up compromising the rule of law. This includes members of the business community," O'Connor said....

      Judicial independence ... is a frequently misunderstood term. It is not about judges--it really is about all the citizens, groups and businesses that come before the courts. They expect the law to be applied equally and equitably. ...

      The public values a fair, impartial, efficient, and effective legal system to the principle that, where there is a right, there is a remedy. It is our challenge--as judges, lawyers and citizens--to maintain the integrity of the third branch, the judiciary, and help insulate courts...

      Missouri Chief Justice Michael A. Wolff

      When you listen to these Chief Justices all around the nation venting, you sense a warning cry that "Jail for Judges" is coming to a state near you, and they know it!

      J.A.I.L.- Judicial Accountability Initiative Law - www.jail4judges. org
      Our South Dakota site: www.SD-JAIL4Judges. org
      See our active flash, http://www.jail4jud ges.org/national _001.htm
      To be added or removed, write to VictoryUSA@jail4jud ges.org

      striking at the root." -- Henry David Thoreau