Publisher, Keith Jensen, Responds to JAILers

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 8, 2005
      Message
      Publisher, Keith Jensen,
      Madison Daily Leader, Responds

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 7:05 AM
      Subject: RE: Telling The Truth!

      Dear Alice:

      I'm making a lone exception to write in reply to your e-mail. You can tell all your Jail for Judges JAILer friends, that the e-mails I've gotten from all of them from across the country that they don't know squat about South Dakota and South Dakota's judicial system and I don't care what the problems are in Texas or California or Florida.

      I read the initiative here several times, thoroughly, and whether it is the same as the initiative being suggested elsewhere, or not, matters not to me, but it is a shoddy initiative with all kinds of problems created that really create more of a mess in a state where we have had hardly any of the problems the initiative supposedly seeks to solve. It is a solution looking for a problem here.

      And by the way, e-mails suggesting I'm paid by the judiciary, or that I'm using judges to write the editorial, or calling me stupid, or ignorant or guilty of slander or perjury are not exactly the way to convince any professional journalist of the cause you so fervently support. I've been in the business almost 50 years and supported a lot of causes myself -- but your JAIL friends around the country have strengthened my resolve to oppose this misguided initiative in South Dakota personally as well as professionally.

      Sadly, the extremist e-mail I've gotten has required me now to adopt the position of setting my browser to delete all the mail on this subject. So you and your friends might as well wait until next year, closer to election, before they write again...and hopefully it will then turn to an intelligent, reasoned approach that stands some chance of being read.

      Sincerely,

      Keith Jensen
      Associate Publisher
      Madison (SD) Daily Leader