The Pro-Judge Media - by Lawrence Agee

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2005

      The Pro-Judge Media

      (By Lawrence Agee - Lcagee@...)

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2005 8:55 PM
      Subject: Re: * * Here's The Sacramento Bee's Contribution * *

      It is odd that every media outlet seems to be pro judge and pro immunity. According to the Sacramento Bee, and virtually every other newspaper, it seems that judges can do no wrong.

      I also find it odd that each of these articles is attacking either the JAIL initiative or Ron himself. In fact, each author of these articles routinely resorts to personal attacks to try and discredit Ron Branson as the author of the judicial immunity legislation.

      Each time, the media ignores the real problem: the very real possibility that some judges are misusing their offices to help their friends, for personal gain or to commit a crime. If presidents and congressmen can misuse their offices, then is it not possible that a judge may do the same? Some of these judges are not the benevolent unbiased paragons of virtue that the media portrays.

      When I read these articles, it almost seems that the judges themselves are writing them. I am puzzled by the media's robotic obedience to the judicial fraternity and their blindness to the problems happening right under their noses. It is the same blindness and indifference I have seen when I have gone to the media with my evidence of criminal misconduct of a judge. Their eyes glaze over and their mind closes before they ever look at the evidence, yet they are very willing to dismiss the evidence without ever looking at it. That is not reporting. It is more like hero worship.

      The "unbiased media" has yet to address the other side of the issue: the side that prompted Mr. Branson to write the law; the side that propels me to endorse it.

      Lawrence C. Agee
      Oregon JAILer