Using Children For Exploitation - J4J

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 8 8:15 PM
      USING CHILDREN
      FOR EXPLOITATION

      Steve Baskerville’s recent quote from an article in INSIGHT Magazine.

          “Not since the overthrow of the Weimar Republic have the leaders of a major democracy used their offices and the mass media to disseminate invective against millions of their own citizens. In fact it was Adolf Hitler who urged that “the state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people” and who explained, in the words of Rabbi Daniel Lapin, that “as long as government is perceived as working for the benefit of children, the people happily will endure almost any curtailment of liberty.”

          Using children to tug on our heartstrings may be not only a weakness of the sentimental. It also may be a ploy by those cynical and unscrupulous enough to exploit children for their own purposes. This is likely to be remembered as one of the most diabolical perversions of governmental power in our history, a time when we allowed children to be used and abused by fast-talking government officials and paid for it with our families, our social order and our constitutional rights.”

      – By Professor Steven Baskerville (baskers@...)

      (Sorry, date of Insight Magazine Article not provided.)