989Today Is Constitution Day (Sept. 17)

    Sep 17, 2005

      Los Angeles, California                                     September 17, 2005

      Mission Statement                  JNJ Library                     PayPal Support
      Federal J.A.I.L.
                                 FAQs                    What?MeWarden?

      Today Is Constitution Day
      (September 17)

      The Constitutional Convention of 1787 lasted nearly four months, fraught with debates, discussions, and compromise. From May 25, 1787 until the signing of the final draft on September 17, 1787, every issue was on the table, every word was scrutinized.

      The United States Senate has placed the following on their website, www.Senate.gov, "The United States celebrates Constitution Day on the 17th of September. On that day in 1787, thirty-nine delegates to the Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia signed the Constitution of the United States. Among the important consequences of that action was the creation of the United States Senate. This would not have been possible without the Great Compromise reached one month earlier, which established the basis of representation in the Senate and House of Representatives, ending a dispute between the large and small states. New Hampshire adopted the Constitution on June 21, 1788, becoming the necessary ninth state to ensure the document's ratification. The following September, the Pennsylvania legislature elected William Maclay and Robert Morris, the first United States senators chosen under the new Constitution. In 2004, Senator Robert C. Byrd introduced and the Senate passed legislation to establish a yearly celebration of 'Constitution Day.' "

      The following is written by Dorothy Robbins, der1776@..., who serves in California J.A.I.L. as an Associate JAILer-In-Chief, (AJIC).

      SEPTEMBER 17, 1787

      Two hundred years ago today
      Our Founding Fathers paved the way
      For government by "We the people. "
      Today we celebrate the signing
      Of the document combining
      Self-government and government by principle.
      To Franklin, to Hamilton and to Washington,
      To the Pinckneys, to Morris and to Madison
      we owe a debt of gratitude--
      Yes, and to those who pledged their lives,
      their fortunes, and their sacred honor--
      To Hancock, Rodney, Sherman, Witherspoon and more,
      who paid those vows with faith and fortitude.
      Hail to the Constitution of the U.S.A.
      And to the God whose law we must obey
      And thus ensure our union's preservation;
      Hail to the men of sterling character
      Past, present, future--you who are standing here--
      Pledged to Liberty's perpetuation.
      Let us pray :
      To God who brought us safe thus far:
      Keep safe the red, blue, white, the stripe, the star;
      Keep safe our Constitution--word and phrase;
      Keep safe our liberty, our conscience, right to praise;
      Keep true good men whose labors shall not fail
      To keep intact our Constitution--and prevail!
      To thee, our Constitution Maker, Keeper, praise!
      To thee, our Guardian God, our thanks we raise!

      PLEDGE TO THE CONSTITUTION

      I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE
      TO THE CONSTITUTION OF
      THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:
      WHOSE form and spirit are derived from the Holy Scriptures
      in order to guarantee those God-given rights enumerated in
      the Bill of Rights, and thereby to secure to me and to my posterity
      LIFE, LIBERTY, and PROPERTY
      AND, in the pursuit of these ends so limits the
      functions of civil government as that these rights
      cannot be abrogated by unprincipled men.
      I WILL EVER UPHOLD AND DEFEND it
      against all who would seek to undermine, subvert, or destroy it,
      AND, to this end, as a sacred trust from those
      who first uttered these words,
      I PLEDGE MY LIFE, MY FORTUNE AND MY SACRED HONOR,
      trusting in that same Divine Providence
      in whom our fore-fathers put their reliance.
      Amen.
      by Dorothy Robbins©'93

      To be added or removed, write to VictoryUSA@...
      Your help is needed: www.SouthDakotaJudicialAccountability.com

      minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams