757Ten Truths of Tyranny

    Nov 10, 2003
      Los Angeles, California                                         November 10, 2003

      Ten Truths of Tyranny
      by Matt Giwer

      1.) Any law the electorate sees as being open to being perverted
      from its original intent will be perverted in a manner that exceeds
      the manner of perversion seen at the time.

      2.) Any law that is so difficult to pass it requires the citizens be
      assured it will not be a stepping stone to worse laws, will in fact
      be a stepping stone to worse laws.

      3.) Any law that requires the citizens be assured the law does not
      mean what the citizens fear, means exactly what the citizens fear.

      4.) Any law passed in a good cause will be interpreted to apply to
      causes against the wishes of the people.

      5.) Any law enacted to help any one group will be applied to harm
      people not in that group.

      6.) Everything the government says will never happen, will happen.

      7.) What the government says it could not foresee, the government has
      planned for.

      8.) When there is a budget shortfall to cover non-essential
      government services, the citizens will be given the choice between
      higher taxes or the loss of essential government services.

      9.) Should the citizens mount a successful effort to stop a piece of
      legislation, the same legislation will be passed under a different
      name.

      10.) All deprivations of freedom and choice will be increased rather
      than reversed.

      "Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found the exact amount of injustice and wrongdoing which will be imposed on them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress."   - Frederick Douglas, 1857

      Donate offerings to J.A.I.L., P.O. Box 207, N. Hollywood, CA 91603
      "Give me your wealth, and I will give you America"  - Ron Branson