675Judging Judges Equated to Fantasy

    Dec 13, 2002
      Los Angeles, California                                   December 13, 2002
      HotSeat4Judges/M-Th/5pmPT   TheJAILerMakers   What?MeWarden?
                     FedJAIL4FedJudges                   E-mail&hosting
      Judging Judges Equated to Fantasy by Commission

      Here is yet another reason why we need J.A.I.L., as Ron Loeber, the JAILer-In-Chief of our New York Chapter has found out straight from the "Horse's Mouth."  As Ron says, the New York Commission on Judicial Conduct views judicial violations and deprivations with all the seriousness of angels dancing on the head of a pin. Folks, it's time for reality to set in regarding judicial tyranny running rampant. Our thanks to Ron for his active participation at this meeting in Albany.

      Today (12/11/02) I attended a meeting at the NYS Bar Association in Albany, NY.  The subject of the meeting was "Judging the Judges", with three panelists representing the Commission on Judicial Conduct and one guest speaker from California.
      The meeting was moderated by:
              Lorraine Power Tharp, Esq.
              President, New York State Bar Association
      The panelists were:
              Hon. Juanita Bing Newton
              Deputy Chief Administrative Judge for Justice Initiative
              Former Member, NYS Commission on Judicial Conduct
              Robert H. Tembeckjian, Esq.
              Deputy Administrator & Deputy Counsel
              NYS Commission on Judicial Conduct
              Stephen R. Coffee, Esq.
              Member, NYS Commission On Judicial Conduct
              Hon. John T. Racanelli
              Presiding Justice, California Court of Appeal (Ret.)
              Former Chair, California Commission on Judicial Performance
      Some of the speeches pertained to the conduct/misconduct of judges in the areas of political acts, personal acts, and administrative acts.  Noticeably absent was any discussion or recognition by the panel members of violations of law, deprivations of the rights of litigants, or violations of the Oath of Office by judges.
      After listening to the speakers for two hours, the spectators were given the opportunity to ask questions.  Because the content of Squire Coffee's speech gave me a little more understanding of the workings of the commission, I addressed my question to him.  I was clear and specific in the formation of my question.
      RON:    "How many times may a judge maliciously and willfully violate the law and the rights of litigants, and illegally jail litigants... and still remain a judge?"  Is it 3, 5, 7, 22 times?  I just want to know the number in order to have a clearer understanding of the workings of the Commission.
      COFFEE:    "Thats like asking how many Angels may dance on the head of a pin.  Though it may appear obvious the answer is 1, it really depends.  It really is like asking how many angels may dance on the head of a pin."
      Well folks.  There you have it.  Straight from the Horse's Mouth.  And remember... he was speaking in his OFFICIAL capacity as a "member" of the NYS Commission on Judicial Conduct.  I wonder if the Official Position of the Commission is the belief in Tooth Fairies, too.
      I don't think it is difficult to believe that I have never seen an Angel, on the head of a pin or otherwise... except in the fantasies of the mind as portrayed in the movies and on TV.  But many of us have been witness to the malicious and willful violations of law and deprivations of our rights by numerous judges.  And the members of the NYS Commission on Judicial Conduct view those violations and deprivations with all the seriousness of Angels dancing on the head of a pin?
      It's just one more reason among many for all of us to support J.A.I.L.
      Ron Loeber, NYJAILer-In-Chief
      P.O. Box 193 - Knox, NY 12107
      PS: Just thought you might like to know that Judge Newton is even afraid to go to the New York State Bar Association Headquarters in the State Capital without the security of her armed bodyguard.  What does it tell you when a judge won't even be seen in public without armed security?  I wonder if she carries a gun, too?  By the way, her bodyguard seemed like a decent and responsible guy when we chatted on the way out.

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org
      "..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.."  -- Samuel Adams
      "There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root."                         -- Henry David Thoreau    <><