639Thank God For Government Money

    Aug 31, 2002
      Los Angeles, California                                               August 31, 2002
      HotSeat4Judges/M-Th/5pmPT   TheJAILerMakers   What?MeWarden?
      T-ShirtMe!
                      FedJAIL4FedJudges                   E-mail&hosting

      Thank God For
      Government Money

      A thinking person may quickly discern either a naïve or conniving politician by the promises of what great things he claims he is going to do for the people and for the economy with government money. Such are the campaign promises of "creating jobs," and "improving the economy."

      Government is less capable of fixing the economy than one giving themselves their own blood transfusion - that of sticking a needle in one's left arm, drawing out a pint of blood, and then placing the needle in their right arm and injecting the blood. This is so, because of the near possibility of returning 100% of the blood taken from the left arm into the right arm. But with government, this is impossible.

      It was Thomas Paine who said, "Society in every state is a blessing, but a government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."

      I pose the question to those who have come to rely upon government as the answer to problems, the question, "If government at its best is but a necessary evil, how much evil do you want?"

      The more governmental intervention, the further the demise of our country and our economy. Not only does common sense bear this out, but so does all history. Basically, government benefits come at a 300% premium, and for every job "created" by government, two or three jobs were depleted from the private sector. All that government can possibly do is redistribute wealth and jobs, which is the objective of communism.

      Unfortunately, we do need government to impose weights and measures to set standards, and to impose penalties for violations of those standards so as to insure justice for all. But while those are legitimate and needful government operations, government has even subverted those needful government functions for their privileged few.

      Our courts across this nation have become nothing more than institutions for the subversion of justice. "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy..." Micah 6:8.
                                                                             - Ron Branson

      "A... strange notion pervading whole peoples is that the State has money of its own; and nowhere is this absurdity more firmly fixed than in
      America.

      The State has no money. It produces nothing. It existence is purely parasitic, maintained by taxation; that is to say, by forced levies on the production of others. 'Government money,' of which one hears so much nowadays, does not exist; there is no such thing.

      One is especially amused at seeing how largely a naïve ignorance of this fact underlies the pernicious measures of 'social security' which have been foisted on the American people. In various schemes of pensioning, of insurance against sickness, accident, unemployment and what-not, one notices that the government is supposed to pay so-much into the fund, the employer so-much, and the workman so-much.

      But the government pays nothing, for it has nothing to pay with. What such schemes actually come to is that the workman pays his own share outright; he pays the employer's share in the enhanced price of commodities; and he pays the government's share in taxation. He pays the whole bill; and when one counts in the unconscionably swollen costs of bureaucratic brokerage and paperasserie, one sees that what the
      workman-beneficiary gets out the arrangement is about the most expensive form of insurance that could be devised consistently with keeping its promoters out of gaol."*

           Albert Jay Nock

      * British equivalent of "jail."

      JAIL's very informative website is found at www.jail4judges.org

      "...But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security."