      Subject:Judicial reform
      Date:Sat, 23 Aug 2014 16:41:52 -0600
      From:Clean Up the Courts <cleanupthecourts@...>
      To:VictoryUSA@... <victoryusa@...>

      Ron,

      I'm a lawyer who has practiced for 20 years in Colorado.  I have drafted a couple of initiatives that I am trying to get on the Colorado ballot.  One of the initiatives is crafted to remove the conflict of interest in the discipline of judges much like your JAIL for judges would have in South Dakota.

      We did not get enough signatures to get on the ballot this year, but I'm looking ahead to 2016.  I'm trying to put together a fundraising effort and public awareness campaign to get it on the ballot.  I think I could learn a lot from your experience if you are willing to share anything.

      You can see the initiatives I've proposed at http://www.cleanupthecourts.org/home.html

      The Honest Judge Amendment would transfer the power to discipline judges to the Independent Ethics Commission.  The Independent Ethics Commission is already created in Colorado and is composed of five citizens.  It would remove the conflict of interest in the discipline of judges.

      I know your initiative did not become law, but I believe I could learn a lot from your experience.  I would really appreciate it if you would contact me.

      Chris Forsyth
      303 East 17th Ave., Suite 1080
      Denver, CO 80203
      Phone:  303-892-3894

      --
      It's time People hold Judges accountable to our Grand Juries