1638Attorney Richard I. Fine Released From Jail

  • JAIL4Judges.org
    Sep 24, 2010

      Richard I. Fine Released From Jail

      As many of you may already know, Richard Fine was jailed for embarrassing the entire judicial system with the County of Los Angeles. He exposed the judicial system publicly pointing out the all of the judges in the County of Los Angeles were on the take from the county. While the judges were already raking in a mega salary of close to $180,000 a year, the County of Los Angeles was giving their judges an additional "bonus", can you say "bribe", at around $59,000 a year. Fine argued unsuccessfully before a county judge who was also personally on the take, that this was a clear violation of the California Constitution. On appeal of that denial, the Appellate Court agreed with him that this money to judges in the County of Los Angeles was unconstitutional. Such ruling placed all the judges in a perdicument. Were the judges to return all this money they had received for the last fifteen years back to the taxpayers? Was their criminal implications in that the judges knew that what they were doing was in violation of the law? What about the effect this money had on all those decisions they had made while receiving this illegal money? etc.

      In a panic, the judges of the County of Los Angeles hired lobbyist to rush Sacramento to press for emergency retroactive legislation to cover their butts for their wrongdoing. They plead for legislation to "okay" retroactively their receiving of this illegal money, immunity from criminal prosecution, and to continue receiving this bribe money. There are all kinds of problems with this "arrangement." First, the legislature was in the throws of coming up with a state budget. It is illegal for them to bring new budget considerations to the table while the current budget considerations were on the table. It was unconstitutional for the legislature to "pass" a retroactive Bill making previous criminal acts and wrongdoings by the judges now okay, and to grant immunity to the judges from all liability for bribery in their former decisions. Essentially, by implications of constitutional standards, it marked the end of our judicial system of supposed justice. Everything was now out in the open that judicial corruption is standard operating procedure, and bribery of judges is now acceptable.

      As a result of these judges receiving this bribe money, anyone will be hard put to find any cases for the last fifteen years in which the County of Los Angeles was a party as either a defendant or a plaintiff in which they lost. Further, as a result of this bribe money, the judges in the County of Los Angeles now "earn" more in "salary" than do all of the justices on the U.S. Supreme Court, including the Chief Justice. The implications compares with the corruption now being prosecuted within the City of Bell, California, in which the city manager was receiving twice the salary of the President of the United States. Eight city officials have now been arrested and face years in prison. But the judges in the County of Los Angeles are given retroactive criminal immunity for the same type crimes.

      Ron Branson
      National J.A.I.L. Commander-In-Chief
      VictoryUSA@...
      P.O. Box 207
      North Hollywood, CA. 91603

      J.A.I.L. is the only answer!  Without J.A.I.L., America shall fall and not arise!

      ~   ~   ~

      Los Angeles Times

      http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/09/richard-fine-jail-david-yaffe.html

      Attorney jailed on contempt charges freed after 1 1/2 years behind bars

      September 17, 2010

      A 70-year-old lawyer who was sentenced to jail “indefinitely” on contempt-of-court charges was abruptly released Friday evening after spending a year and a half behind bars.

      Richard Fine was released from Los Angeles County Jail in downtown Los Angeles shortly after 9 p.m. but did not wish to speak to a Times reporter, said his daughter, Victoria.

      Fine, an antitrust and taxpayer advocate attorney, was thrown in jail last year by  Superior Court Judge David P. Yaffe for failing to answer questions about his finances and for practicing law without a license.

      The contempt charges stemmed from a case Fine filed on behalf of Marina del Rey homeowners who sued local developers. Fine had been ordered to pay sanctions and attorneys’ fees in the case.

      Fine contends he was being targeted by Yaffe because of his challenges to county-funded benefits that judges receive on top of their state pay.

      Rather than comply with Yaffe’s orders and be released from jail, Fine vowed to take his case all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court. In May, however, the court declined to take up his petition, meaning he could have remained in jail indefinitely as Yaffe had ordered. The judge could not be reached for comment late Friday.

      While in solitary confinement, Fine filed habeas corpus petitions for his release with the California Supreme Court, district court and the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, alleging that Yaffe was biased against him and should have recused himself from the contempt-of-court case.

      His imprisonment was “the latest encounter in the 10-year campaign by Fine to restore due process in the California judicial system,” the attorney, who has been representing himself, wrote in his petition to the U.S. Supreme Court.

      “Fine is the only attorney, of the approximately 208,000 California attorneys, with the courage to challenge the California judiciary,” he wrote.

      In a telephone interview with The Times in May, Fine said the U.S. Supreme Court had made the wrong decision by allowing him to remain in jail. He said he would be filing another petition.

      “I'm in fighting condition,” he said. “They haven't broken me down, and they won't break me down.”

      -- Scott Glover