1388As It Was In The Days of Noah

    Mar 12, 2008

      As It Was In The Days of Noah
      (By Brian Lyons)

      God sees all. J.A.I.L. has passed in God's sight as in Noah's days.

      Dear Brian Lyons, it is interesting that you have broached this issue in the manner you have done. Inasmuch as all things are open unto the eyes of Him with whom we have to do, when God sees a nation setting itself up for judgment, He raises up a man to apprise that nation of such pending judgment. Amos 3:7 "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets."

      Noah was such a man to the world that then was, as was Jonah to Nineveh. etc. God has promised,  "There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." I Corinthians 10:13.  God in His faithfulness and mercy always offers the people a true means of escape before He releases His judgment.

      God never teases regarding His offer of escape. It is always a genuine remedy. However, He merely offers a door of escape, not a compulsion, in which the people may chose to avail themselves of such door. God, having provided a warning to those facing judgment, shows Himself to be just, "for then how shall God judge the world?" Romans 3:6.

      Just so, God in His faithfulness, offers to this nation through a man of His choosing, a genuine means of escape, if they will receive it. Of such a man this nation does well to give heed, for "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me." John 13:20

      Now how do we know that God will send us a "Noah" before His judgment. We know it because God said so. Luke 17:26 "And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all."  The point made here is not as to this nation's particular sins, but as to it's specific sin of materialism. "Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; but the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all." Luke 17:28, 29. There is nothing inherently wrong with eating, drinking, marrying, buying, selling, planting, and building. These things we all do, but judgment was brought upon them because of their devotion to "Things," i.e., not putting God first in their lives. "But seek ye fist the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these THINGS shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33.

      So if we be in the last days, and God has prophesied that in the last days it will be comparable to the days of Noah, has God raised up a Noah for this country? I shall leave the answer to that question for your spiritual discernment. God bless you.

      - Ron Branson