- Friday, October 17th, 2003

  • Gregory Price
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2003
      Special Note: The 1995-1997 XJ6 and XJ12 parts catalog is up and
      running, and we're continually adding new parts to it.

      J A G B I T S H O T L I N E

      The Internet's Leading Resource for Jaguar Owners
      take care of it.)

      ___________________________________

      W H O A R E W E ?
      ___________________________________

      JAGBITS.COM is the net's premier Jaguar Superstore, providing
      original equipment and proven high-quality aftermarket parts for the
      Jaguar XJ6, XJ12 and XJS. It's the best commercial Jag site on the
      Web, and we take care of the best Jaguar owners on the web!

      Did you know that Jagbits was the first Jaguar parts distributor EVER
      to offer secure online purchasing of Jaguar parts? It's true! We've
      been at it since 1996!

      IMPORTANT: We never rent, sell, or otherwise distribute ANY
      information we collect, either from this emailed flyer or from any
      orders processed through us. Never.

      ___________________________________

      T A B L E O F
      C O N T E N T S
      ___________________________________

      1. Special Notices
      2. Special Offers
      3. Clearance Parts
      4. TECHBITS - Technical Information
      5. Cool websites that I found
      6. Contact Information
      7. Contest!

      ___________________________________

      1. S P E C I A L
      N O T I C E S
      ___________________________________

      The 1995-1997 XJ6 parts catalog is up and running! If you need
      something for a 1980 and later Jag and you don't see on the website,
      let me know. Chances are, I can get it.

      ___________________________________

      2. S P E C I A L
      O F F E R S
      ___________________________________

      These parts are listed on our website in the "Weekly Specials"
      Section.
      (We usually have clearance items in this area too.)

      1995-1997 XJ6 Parts:

      F157 - FUEL FILTER, FITS XJ6 FROM 1991-1997 AND ALL XJ8, XK8. List
      price is $16, your price is $10.75 until next Thursday.

      1988-1994 XJ6 Parts:

      DBC2139 - CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR, FITS 1988-1991 XJ6, UP TO VIN
      629281. List price is $89, your price is $61.64 until next Thursday.

      F157 - FUEL FILTER, FITS XJ6 FROM 1991-1997 AND ALL XJ8, XK8. List
      price is $16, your price is $10.75 until next Thursday.

      MMB6711AA/X - HEATER CONTROL VALVE, MOUNTED ON FIREWALL, FITS 1993-
      1994 XJ6 AND XJ12. List price is $68, your price is $30.67 until next
      Thursday.

      XJS Parts:

      F157 - FUEL FILTER, FITS XJ6 FROM 1991-1997 AND ALL XJ8, XK8. List
      price is $16, your price is $10.75 until next Thursday.

      CAC1634/KIT - POLYURETHANE STEERING RACK MOUNT KIT, FITS 1969-1987
      XJ6 AND ALL XJS (RACK BUSHING SET). List price is $69, your price is
      $45.68 until next Thursday.

      DAC6136 - WIPER BLADE, FITS 1982-1996 XJS. List price is $20, your
      price is $9.62 until next Thursday.

      1969-1987 XJ6 Parts:

      CBC1905/2X - CABLE, ACCELERATOR, FITS XJ6 FROM 1979-1987. List price
      is $33, your price is $22.49 until next Thursday.

      AAU7085/KIT - FILTER & GASKET KIT, TRANSMISSION, FITS 1979-1987 XJ6.
      List price is $20, your price is $13.26 until next Thursday.

      CAC1634/KIT - POLYURETHANE STEERING RACK MOUNT KIT, FITS 1969-1987
      XJ6 AND ALL XJS (RACK BUSHING SET). List price is $69, your price is
      $45.68 until next Thursday.

      DAC1356 - SWITCH, FUEL TANK CHANGEOVER, FITS 1980-1987 XJ6 (THIS IS
      THE DASH SWITCH). List price is $70, your price is $37.19 until next
      Thursday.

      ________________________________

      3. C L E A R A N C E
      P A R T S
      ________________________________

      To order any of these parts, go to:
      http://www.jagbits.com/specials.html and get 'em before they are
      gone! Clearance items are shipped separately from regular parts, so
      additional shipping charges may apply.

      No clearance items this week.

      __________________________________

      4. T E C H B I T S
      __________________________________

      Techbit: XK engine damper bolt problem

      The 4.2 liter XK-series engine ended its production run in 1987, so
      this techbit applies to the XJ6 prior to 1988. I have two of these, a
      1985 and a 1987. On both cars, the crankshaft damper bolt rusted and
      the threads stripped off the bolt. One one car, the crank damper just
      FELL OFF while I was driving down the road. The threads inside the
      crankshaft were undamaged, so I was able to just replace the bolt
      with a new one after replacing the broken woodruff key.

      On the second car, I found the problem while replacing the engine. I
      was able to just pull off the crank damper with my hands, without
      loosening the damper bolt. Check yours regularly for any looseness.

      If you have this problem, replace the woodruff key when you replace
      the bolt. Chances are the wobbling of the crank damper has damaged or
      destroyed the woodruff key.

      ___________________________________

      5. C O O L W E B
      S I T E S!
      ___________________________________

      "Cool web sites" is my way of letting you know about interesting
      sites that I trip over during the week. We have no affiliation with
      them, I just think they're cool!

      This week's site: Fandango.com
      http://www.fandango.com/

      Local movie times, reviews, news, online tickets, gift cards and
      more.

      __________________________________

      6. C O N T A C T &
      O R D E R I N G

      __________________________________

      Our 24-Hour online catalog with SSL-encrypted payment system is at:
      http://www.jagbits.com/

      Our email address is info@...

      Our toll-free fax number is: 1-866-228-3208

      Our international fax number is: 1-208-979-1042

      __________________________________

      7. C O N T E S T !
      __________________________________

      This contest is open to any Hotline subscriber in North America. If
      you win, you aren't eligible to win for two more weeks. No purchase
      necessary to enter or win. Heck, you don't even have to own a car!
      (But you do have to be a Hotline subscriber.)

      The last trivia question was: Today in Philadelphia, only the Liberty
      Bell and Independence Hall receive more tourist traffic than this
      woman's house. What was this woman's name?

      The answer was: Betsy Ross. Congratulations Joe Longinotti, who was
      randomly selected from all correct entries.

      This week's question: Everyone's heard of Pink Floyd, but can anyone
      name the two blues musicians the group was named after?

      Go to: http://www.jagbits.com/contest.html to answer this week's
      question. The winner will be randomly selected from all correct
      entries. Multiple entries will be deleted before the winner is
      selected, so don't stuff the ballot box.

      ONLY ENTRIES SUBMITTED THROUGH THE CONTEST WEBSITE ARE INCLUDED IN
      THE WEEKLY DRAWING. Allow 4-6 weeks for prize delivery.

      Have a safe weekend everyone, and if you have any questions, comments
      or suggestions about how Jagbits can better serve you, please let us
      know!