- Friday, May 2nd, 2003

  • gprice@jagbits.com
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2003

      J A G B I T S H O T L I N E

      The Internet's Leading Resource for Jaguar Owners
      take care of it.)

      ___________________________________

      W H O A R E W E ?
      ___________________________________

      JAGBITS.COM is the net's premier Jaguar Superstore, providing
      original equipment and proven high-quality aftermarket parts for the
      Jaguar XJ6, XJ12 and XJS. It's the best commercial Jag site on the
      Web, and we take care of the best Jaguar owners on the web!

      Did you know that Jagbits was the first Jaguar parts distributor EVER
      to offer secure online purchasing of Jaguar parts? It's true! We've
      been at it since 1996!

      IMPORTANT: We never rent, sell, or otherwise distribute ANY
      information we collect, either from this emailed flyer or from any
      orders processed through us. Never.

      ___________________________________

      T A B L E O F
      C O N T E N T S
      ___________________________________

      1. Special Notices
      2. Special Offers
      3. Clearance Parts
      4. TECHBITS - Technical Information
      5. Cool websites that I found
      6. Contact Information
      7. Contest!

      ___________________________________

      1. S P E C I A L
      N O T I C E S
      ___________________________________

      If you'd like your British/Jaguar car club meetings or websites
      featured in the Jagbits Hotline, let us know!

      If you have a website, we'd really appreciate it if you would put up
      a link to Jagbits.Com. In return, we're more than happy to link back
      to your site.

      ___________________________________

      2. S P E C I A L
      O F F E R S
      ___________________________________

      These parts are listed on our website in the "Weekly Specials"
      Section.
      (We usually have clearance items in this area too.)

      1988-1994 XJ6 Parts:

      EAC5672/X - AIR FILTER, FITS XJ6 FROM 1988-1997. List price is $9,
      your price is $5.36 until next Thursday.

      84494 - CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR, FITS 1988-1991 XJ6, UP TO VIN
      629281. List price is $89, your price is $61.64 until next Thursday.

      JLM2012 - HEADLAMP LENS, RIGHT, FITS 1990-1994 XJ6 THIS IS THE LARGE,
      ONE-PIECE HEADLAMP LENS. DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY BULBS OR MOUNTING
      HARDWARE.. List price is $362, your price is $288.95 until next
      Thursday.

      JLM2013 - HEADLAMP LENS, LEFT, FITS 1990-1994 XJ6 THIS IS THE LARGE,
      ONE-PIECE HEADLAMP LENS. DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY BULBS OR MOUNTING
      HARDWARE.. List price is $362, your price is $288.95 until next
      Thursday.

      EAZ1354/X - OIL FILTER, FITS V8 JAGUARS (1997 AND LATER). List price
      is $16, your price is $5.58 until next Thursday.

      XJS Parts:

      BAC6019/X - DOOR TO BODY SEAL, FITS XJS COUPE UP TO VIN 153036, FITS
      EITHER SIDE. List price is $82, your price is $47.71 until next
      Thursday.

      EBC4553 - RADIATOR FAN BLADE, ENGINE COOLING (THE BIG ONE) FITS 1982-
      1996 V12 XJS. List price is $198, your price is $109.01 until next
      Thursday.

      AEU1195/X - HEATER CORE, FITS 1979-1987 XJ6 AND 1976-1988 XJS. List
      price is $317, your price is $148.43 until next Thursday.

      GTS271 - THERMOSTAT, FITS 1980-1987 XJ6 AND V12 XJS (V12 TAKES TWO).
      (DON'T FORGET THE GASKETS!). List price is $11, your price is $8.93
      until next Thursday.

      1969-1987 XJ6 Parts:

      AEU1195/X - HEATER CORE, FITS 1979-1987 XJ6 AND 1976-1988 XJS. List
      price is $317, your price is $148.43 until next Thursday.

      GTS271 - THERMOSTAT, FITS 1980-1987 XJ6 AND V12 XJS (V12 TAKES TWO).
      (DON'T FORGET THE GASKETS!). List price is $11, your price is $8.93
      until next Thursday.

      ________________________________

      3. C L E A R A N C E
      P A R T S
      ________________________________

      To order any of these parts, go to:
      http://www.jagbits.com/specials.html and get 'em before they are
      gone! Clearance items are shipped separately from regular parts, so
      additional shipping charges may apply.

      No clearance parts this week.

      __________________________________

      4. T E C H B I T S
      __________________________________

      This week's Techbit: Flaky throttle potentiometers

      These signal the fuel injection computer, telling it how much the
      throttle has been opened. These wear out over time and require
      replacement. If your car doesn't smoothly accelerate from idle
      through 2000 rpms, it might be worth checking this part out to make
      sure you have a smooth change in throttle potentiometer voltage as
      the throttle is opened. Any dropouts or discontinuity indicate a bad
      throttle pot.

      ___________________________________

      5. C O O L W E B
      S I T E S!
      ___________________________________

      "Cool web sites" is my way of letting you know about interesting
      sites that I trip over during the week. We have no affiliation with
      them, I just think they're cool!

      This week's site: Honda Accord Advertisement
      http://mail.silvertech.net/~epe/honda.html#hondaad

      This is just too freakin' awesome. Honda's television advertisement,
      a two-minute film called "Cog", is like a fine-lubricated line of
      dominoes. It begins with a transmission bearing which rolls into a
      synchro hub which in turn rolls into a gear wheel cog and plummets
      off a table on to a camshaft and pulley wheel. All the parts are from
      the new Honda Accord. It took 606 takes to get everything to work in
      one shot. It takes a while to download, but it's COOL! Amazingly,
      only one part of this ad was actually computer generated. Try to
      figure it out.

      __________________________________

      6. C O N T A C T &
      O R D E R I N G

      __________________________________

      Our 24-Hour online catalog with SSL-encrypted payment system is at:
      http://www.jagbits.com/

      Our email address is info@...

      Our toll-free fax number is: 1-866-228-3208

      Our international fax number is: 1-208-979-1042

      __________________________________

      7. C O N T E S T !
      __________________________________

      This contest is open to any Hotline subscriber in North America. If
      you win, you aren't eligible to win for two more weeks. No purchase
      necessary to enter or win. Heck, you don't even have to own a car!
      (But you do have to be a Hotline subscriber.)

      The last trivia question was: The highest mountain in Australia is
      named for a general in the American Revolutionary army. What was his
      name?

      The answer was: General Thaddeus Kosciuszko. Congratulations Larry
      Schear, who was randomly selected from all correct entries.

      This week's question: Do female elephants have teats like a cow or
      breasts like a woman? (C'mon, don't go look it up, just make your
      best guess!)

      Go to: http://www.jagbits.com/contest.html to answer this week's
      question. The winner will be randomly selected from all correct
      entries. Multiple entries will be deleted before the winner is
      selected, so don't stuff the ballot box.

      ONLY ENTRIES SUBMITTED THROUGH THE CONTEST WEBSITE ARE INCLUDED IN
      THE WEEKLY DRAWING. Allow 4-6 weeks for prize delivery.

      Have a safe weekend everyone, and if you have any questions, comments
      or suggestions about how Jagbits can better serve you, please let us
      know!