- Friday, July 6th, 2001

  • gprice@jagbits.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2001

      J A G B I T S H O T L I N E

      The Internet's Leading Resource for Jaguar Owners

      ________________________________________W H O A R E W E ?

      JAGBITS.COM is the net's premier Jaguar Superstore, providing original
      equipment and proven high-quality aftermarket parts for the Jaguar XJ6,
      XJ12 and XJS. It's the best commercial Jag site on the Web, and we take
      care of the best Jaguar owners on the web!

      Did you know that Jagbits was the first Jaguar parts distributor EVER to
      offer secure online purchasing of Jaguar parts? It's true! We've been at
      it since 1996!

      IMPORTANT: We never rent, sell, or otherwise distribute ANY information we
      collect, either from this emailed flyer or from any orders processed
      through us. Never.

      ________________________________________ T A B L E O F
      ________________________________________ C O N T E N T S

      1. Website Update
      2. Special Offers
      3. Clearance Parts
      4. TECHBITS - Technical Information
      5. Cool websites that I found
      6. Contact Information
      7. Contest!

      two Aston Martins and an Austin Healy 3000 that I could have been convinced to
      take home, if only I didn’t have a full garage already! ;-)

      Last reminder: The 2001 Jaguar Cars of North America (JCNA) Annual General
      Meeting and Championship Challenge is happening in Franklin Tennessee, during
      the week of July 23rd.

      Jaguar XJ40 Repair CD-ROMS: There is a rumor that these are going to drop
      SIGNIFICANTLY in price at your local Jag dealer. I'll keep and eye on this and
      report to you when I find something out.

      If you have a website, we’d really appreciate it if you would put up a link to
      Jagbits.Com. In return, we’re more than happy to link back to your site.

      If you’d like your British/Jaguar car club meetings or websites featured in the
      Jagbits Hotline, let us know!

      ________________________________________ 2. S P E C I A L
      ________________________________________ O F F E R S

      __________________________________ Prices good until
      __________________________________ next Thursday.

      These parts are listed on our website in the "Weekly Specials" Section.
      (We have clearance items in this area too.)

      QWB708  BEARING & SEAL KIT, REAR WHEEL, EITHER SIDE, FITS XJ6 FROM 19881994.
      List price is $53, your price is $38.17 until next Thursday.

      DIF400  DIFFERENTIAL OUTPUT SHAFT BEARING & SEAL KIT. DOES ONE SIDE OF THE
      DIFFERENTIAL. List price is $85, your price is $61.99 until next Thursday.

      DAC1861  DIODE/RESISTOR PACK (RED ON FIREWALL), FITS XJ6 FROM 197987. List
      price is $59, your price is $45.70 until next Thursday.

      GUG704065/MG/SET  GASKET, INTAKE MANIFOLD (SET OF 12 INDIVIDUAL GASKETS). List
      price is $35, your price is $24.16 until next Thursday.

      JLM11016/X  SPARK PLUG WIRE SET, MARELLI, FITS V12 FROM VIN 157118 (MID1989)
      UP TO 1991. List price is $134, your price is $60.75 until next Thursday.

      EAC3167/R  PUMP, POWER STEERING, REBUILT, FITS 19801987 XJ6 AND XJS. List
      price is $242, your price is $192.58 until next Thursday.
      (Price for EAC3167/R includes a refundable core charge of $50.)

      LMD5640AB  SENDING UNIT, OIL PRESSURE GAUGE/LIGHT. FITS 19881998
      XJ6/XJ12/XJS. List price is $59, your price is $47.88 until next Thursday.

      SNB802  SENSOR, COOLANT TEMPERATURE, FOR THE FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM. FITS
      19801992 XJ6 AND 19801988 XJS. List price is $31, your price is $20.15 until
      next Thursday.

      36146/0  SHOCK ABSORBER, FRONT, BOGE (ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT), 8894 XJ6. List
      price is $139, your price is $95.97 until next Thursday.

      Availability may be limited, and the sale price is good for stock on hand only.
      When they are gone, they are gone!

      TO ORDER any of these parts, double-click on this:
      http://www.jagbits.com/specials.html

      _____________________________________ 3. C L E A R A N C E
      _____________________________________ P A R T S

      To order any of these parts, go to:
      http://www.jagbits.com/specials.html and get 'em before
      they are gone! Clearance items are shipped separately from
      regular parts, so additional shipping charges will apply.

      DAC11520  IGNITION AMPLIFIER, FITS V12 XJS FROM VIN 157118 (MID1989) UP TO
      1993 (MARELLI IGNITION). List price is $253, your price is $150.00.

      _______________________________________ 4. T E C H B I T S

      This week's Techbit is: Tire inflation

      To conserve fuel, keep your tires inflated to the proper
      levels. Why? Because properly inflated tires provide less
      rolling resistance and better tire wear. They improve fuel
      economy too, since it’s easier to roll a properly inflated tire than an
      underinflated tire.

      ________________________________________ 5. C O O L W E B
      ________________________________________ S I T E S!

      "Cool web sites" is my way of letting you know about interesting sites that I
      trip over during the week. We have no affiliation with them, I just think
      they're cool! This week’s site:

      John French’s “Art of Distillation”
      http://www.levity.com/alchemy/jfren_ar.html

      “The Art of Distillation, Or, A Treatise of the Choicest Spagyrical
      Preparations Performed by Way of Distillation, Being Partly Taken Out of the
      Most Select Chemical Authors of the Diverse Languages and Partly Out of the
      Author's Manual Experience together with, The Description of the Chiefest
      Furnaces and Vessels Used by Ancient and Modern Chemists also A Discourse on
      Diverse Spagyrical Experiments and Curiosities, and of the Anatomy of Gold and
      Silver, with The Chiefest Preparations and Curiosities Thereof, and Virtues of
      Them All. All Which Are Contained In Six Books Composed By John French, Dr. of
      Physick London. Printed by Richard Cotes and are to sold by Thomas Williams at
      the Bible in LittleBritain without Aldersgate, 1651.”

      Need I say more?

      _______________________________________ 6. C O N T A C T &
      _______________________________________ O R D E R I N G

      Our 24-Hour online catalog with SSL-encrypted payment system is at:
      http://www.jagbits.com/

      Our email address is info@...

      Our fax number is: 1-208-979-1042 (toll-free number coming soon)

      _______________________________________ 7. C O N T E S T !

      This special edition of the Jagbits Hotline is sent only to Hotline
      subscribers, not to the "Vendors" subscribers. Contest is open to any Hotline
      subscriber in North America. If you win, you aren't eligible to win for two
      more weeks.

      Last week's question was: In 1918, at the height of World War I, a massive
      disease outbreak occurred, killing an estimated 40 million people worldwide.
      What was the disease?

      The answer was: The Spanish Flu. This one was strange, it killed young, healthy
      adults. The flu normally kills the elderly, the weak, and the very young.

      Congratulations Peter Pacitti, who was randomly selected from all correct
      entries!

      This week’s question is: The British flag, the "Union Jack", was first made in
      1606 by combining the heraldic crosses of St George, the patron saint of
      England, St Andrew, the patron saint of Scotland, and St Patrick, the patron
      saint of Ireland. Why was Wales left out?

      Go to: http://www.jagbits.com/contest.html to answer this week's question. The
      winner will be randomly selected from all correct entries.

      This week's winner gets a cool Jagbits.Com Tshirt. These are brand-new,
      hot-off-the-presses white Tshirts with the understated but elegant
      Jagbits logo, on a quality all-cotton Haynes Beefy-T shirt. Sweet!

      EMAILED RESPONSES ARE NOT ALLOWED!

      Have a safe weekend everyone!