oh ok that's interesting had no idea, that may help.swxtrachocolate
Ok cool I will check that out thank you. Yeah I am almost sure they were either free blacks or slaves that were later freed due to their mixed blood. Weswxtrachocolate
Try tracing Stephen Carter on the 1830 Census he is listed with 8 slaves and on the 1840 Census he is listed with 29 slaves. It is nothing unusual for Africanblackcloud27030
- Apr 29, 1999
- This is a restricted group.
- Attachments are not permitted.
- Members cannot hide email address.
- Listed in Yahoo Groups directory.
- Membership requires approval.
- Messages require approval.
- All members can post messages.