Re: {Disarmed} [jacksongenealogy] George W. Keith, bounty land in Pope County, IL

  • robert_s_63134
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2008
      Hi!

      Here are George W. Keith's children:

      Canzada, 1844, Jackson County, AL
      Jonathan (or John) A., 1845, Jackson County, AL
      Francis Marion, 10 Nov. 1847, Jackson County, AL
      Nancy Lou, 1850, AL
      William W. 1855, Pope County, IL

      Now, are these his only children? I don't know. I have seen those
      marriages you reference and have them in my files, too. I can tell
      you that George had a brother named Griffin, and very likely another
      brother in the county named John C. Griffin didn't have daughters
      with those names. He, too, moved to Pope County, IL. John C. moved
      to Missouri. I don't have his children or wife in my files, but it's
      very possible those daughters were his.

      Or! There were many, many Keiths in Franklin County, TN. Whether
      they were related to my Keiths, I'm not sure. In the TN Valley,
      there were many families of that name, but unrelated. It might be
      worth taking a look at those families, too.

      Here is my family page url:

      http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/s/c/h/Robert-L-
      Schneider/index.html

      Always ready to email about the Carrs, Keiths, or Dents!

      Robert Schneider

      --- In jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.com, Janet Wright <j.wright@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Robert,
      >
      > Can you name George W Keith's children? I have two marriages of
      > Keith women to my Blansit/Blancett family. Ellender Keith married
      > John Blancett in 1852, and Elizabeth Keith married Archibald
      Blancett
      > in 1853, both in Jackson County. Could these be George Keith's
      > daughters?
      >
      > Janet
      >

      > On May 22, 2008, at 2:42 PM, robert_s_63134 wrote:
      >
      > > Hi!
      > >
      > > This message concerns George W. Keith, who was a resident of
      Jackson