RE: [jacksongenealogy] How do I get to Scottsboro?

  • Regina Pipes
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 18, 2001
      Yahoo! - Yellow Pages - Help

      ----

      Starting from: Huntland, TN
      Arriving at: Scottsboro, AL
      Distance: 37.7 miles Approximate Travel Time: 1 hour 30 mins

      Full Route
      Destination

      Directions Miles
      1. Start out going South on TN-97 towards TN-65 by turning right. 5.5
      2. TN-97 becomes AL-65. 9.9
      3. Stay straight to go onto AL-146. 6.3
      4. Turn RIGHT onto AL-79. 12.0
      5. Turn LEFT onto AL-35. 3.8
      6. Turn RIGHT onto BROAD ST. 0.1

      Like any driving directions/map, you should always do a reality check and
      make sure the road still exists, watch out for construction, and follow all
      traffic safety precautions. This is only to be used as an aid in planning.

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 19, 2001
        Hi Mary,
        I think I can help you. I don't know which route you will be taking to
        Huntland, but if you are coming from Nashville, TN to Winchester, you will
        take HWY 16 South from Winchester, TN. Hwy 16 becomes Hwy 79 when you get
        to the Alabama State Line. It is about 20 miles to the state line and about
        30 miles on to Scottsboro. Turn left on Hwy 35 and you will come right into
        Scottsboro. You could possibly get a shorter route via Paint Rock, AL but
        beware the route that way is perilous-my husband and I tried it once. Of
        course, you could go on to Huntsville, and take Hwy 72 East if you prefer
        that way. I hope this helps.
        Ruby

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 19, 2001
          Thanks for the info Jim.

          Regards,
          Mary Winn
        • Scottsboro Museum
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 20, 2001
            From Huntland go toward Winchester. Just before you get into Winchester you
            will take a right onto a TN state
            road that connects with AL hwy 79. It will bring you accross Cumberland
            Mountain. You will go through Hytop and Skyline then you will come off the
            mountain and intersect with Hwy 35. Then take a left on 35 and
            it will bring you right into Scottsboro downtown. If you
            need anymore help let me know. I could send you a map if you need it.
            Judi
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 20, 2001
              How do I get to Scottsboro? Let me count the ways. I might take a bus, and
              I might take a plane, but if I have to walk I'm gonna get there just the same.
               Folks, I am not really trying to be rude, or mean, but if you can't find
              Scottsboro, Alabama, then what are the odds you can find a cemetery, Library,
              Courthouse or do any research worth while?
               People are dropping from this list and they may be the very one that sends
              info that I am hunting. I guess that makes me greedy, but that's the kind of
              scoundrel that I am.
               Please take control of this list or unsubscribe me, and I hope it is not
              the latter option. I thought through this list I might actually find a cousin
              or contact with distant relatives.
               If anyone wants to chastise me for this letter please do it through my
              e-mail address and please don't tie up the list.

               Searching all the Teftellers, Clemens, Headricks, Mills, and Howells around
              Jackson County.
               Y'all have a safe day and ---  see you in Church.
                                                                             James Peterson
                                                                              Texarkana,
              Ark.
                      e-mail   Jpete75910@...