Re: [jacksongenealogy] How do i get to Scottsboro?

  • J Casey
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 18, 2001
      Mary, from Huntland you would go east on Alabama Street, turn right at the
      Beans Creek road, go across the mountain, through what used to be Francisco,
      on to the Princeton exit, but go straight instead of turning to Princeton
      and on to Scottsboro.

      Or you could go toward Winchester on HWY #64 to the bypass, go the Keith
      Springs Mountain Road, which will also lead you straight across the
      mountains to Scottsboro.

      Call me when you get to Huntland. OK.
      Jewel
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 18, 2001
        Yahoo! - Yellow Pages - Help

        ----

        Starting from: Huntland, TN
        Arriving at: Scottsboro, AL
        Distance: 37.7 miles Approximate Travel Time: 1 hour 30 mins

        Full Route
        Destination

        Directions Miles
        1. Start out going South on TN-97 towards TN-65 by turning right. 5.5
        2. TN-97 becomes AL-65. 9.9
        3. Stay straight to go onto AL-146. 6.3
        4. Turn RIGHT onto AL-79. 12.0
        5. Turn LEFT onto AL-35. 3.8
        6. Turn RIGHT onto BROAD ST. 0.1

        Like any driving directions/map, you should always do a reality check and
        make sure the road still exists, watch out for construction, and follow all
        traffic safety precautions. This is only to be used as an aid in planning.

        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 19, 2001
          Hi Mary,
          I think I can help you. I don't know which route you will be taking to
          Huntland, but if you are coming from Nashville, TN to Winchester, you will
          take HWY 16 South from Winchester, TN. Hwy 16 becomes Hwy 79 when you get
          to the Alabama State Line. It is about 20 miles to the state line and about
          30 miles on to Scottsboro. Turn left on Hwy 35 and you will come right into
          Scottsboro. You could possibly get a shorter route via Paint Rock, AL but
          beware the route that way is perilous-my husband and I tried it once. Of
          course, you could go on to Huntsville, and take Hwy 72 East if you prefer
          that way. I hope this helps.
          Ruby

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 19, 2001
            Thanks for the info Jim.

            Regards,
            Mary Winn
          • Scottsboro Museum
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 20, 2001
              From Huntland go toward Winchester. Just before you get into Winchester you
              will take a right onto a TN state
              road that connects with AL hwy 79. It will bring you accross Cumberland
              Mountain. You will go through Hytop and Skyline then you will come off the
              mountain and intersect with Hwy 35. Then take a left on 35 and
              it will bring you right into Scottsboro downtown. If you
              need anymore help let me know. I could send you a map if you need it.
              Judi
              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 20, 2001
                How do I get to Scottsboro? Let me count the ways. I might take a bus, and
                I might take a plane, but if I have to walk I'm gonna get there just the same.
                 Folks, I am not really trying to be rude, or mean, but if you can't find
                Scottsboro, Alabama, then what are the odds you can find a cemetery, Library,
                Courthouse or do any research worth while?
                 People are dropping from this list and they may be the very one that sends
                info that I am hunting. I guess that makes me greedy, but that's the kind of
                scoundrel that I am.
                 Please take control of this list or unsubscribe me, and I hope it is not
                the latter option. I thought through this list I might actually find a cousin
                or contact with distant relatives.
                 If anyone wants to chastise me for this letter please do it through my
                e-mail address and please don't tie up the list.

                 Searching all the Teftellers, Clemens, Headricks, Mills, and Howells around
                Jackson County.
                 Y'all have a safe day and ---  see you in Church.
                                                                               James Peterson
                                                                                Texarkana,
                Ark.
                        e-mail   Jpete75910@...