Re: [jacksongenealogy] CROW TOWN

  • cagle8185@aol.com
    Message 1 of 85 , May 12, 2008
      John,

      This is same story I heard but I did not know Crow was the name of one
      Indian or a group of Indians. I know Crow Mountain, Crow Creek and Crow Town and
      assumed it was a group.

      Valentine Cagle was part of the group that chased them to the Tennessee
      River. The Indians pushed some logs into the river and floated down river to
      escape. The river had more current before the Gunnersville Dam was built. This
      is the Cagle side of the story as quoted by my great uncle Dick Cagle to John
      Cagle and was printed in the Cagle Journal.

      The problem I have is which Valentine this may have been. There were 3
      generations named Valentine.

      While writting this letter I got the notion to go check the grave site for
      the Tucker children and get the date correct. The date is 1812 and it is the
      Tucker children, not Tucker girls. I thought someone said it was 2 girls but
      the stone said children.

      While I was there, your cuz Elvis stopped by and we got to talking. He
      wants to talk to you and share info.
      His number is 931 469 0822.

      Do you have any info on the post master history at Francisco? Was the PO in
      the same building there in the curve/

      Bill Cagle

      favorites at AOL Food.

    • brentw50
      Message 85 of 85 , Jun 12, 2008
        Ann, there is a copy of John P. Brown's OLD FRONTIERS in the Heritage
        Room at the Huntsville Library.