RE: [jacksongenealogy] CROW TOWN

  • Sharon Henson
    Message 1 of 85 , May 12, 2008
      I did a google search for Crow Town, Alabama and came up with several hits and one was from the Wikiepedia {please excuse my spelling as I am not sure that I spelled it right} and it gave some on Crow Town with what it has on Scottsboro. You might want to check it out that way.
      Sharon Langham Henson

      kathy edwards <kated35765@...> wrote:
      Clay,
      I typed in "Crow Town", Stevenson, AL and got a few hits.
      It had a little info. on Crow Town.
      Thanks for all you do to help us out. You are great.

      To: jacksongenealogy@yahoogroups.comFrom: blackcloud27030@...: Sat, 10 May 2008 07:51:36 -0700Subject: Re: [jacksongenealogy] CROW TOWN

      AnnIn the Chronicles of Oklahoma there is a article "Eastern Cherokee Chiefs" by John P. Brown that appears to be a excerpt from "Old Frontiers" no exact date is given for the establishment of Crow Town but mentions that five towns were established after previous towns in Tennessee were destroyed in 1779 by a combined army of Virginians and North Carolinans, the new towns were Nickajack, Running Water, Crow Town, Lookout Town and Long Island. Just before this he mentions the treaty that was signed at Long Island in 1777. I don't know if the two Long Islands are the same.Clay[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

    • brentw50
      Message 85 of 85 , Jun 12, 2008
        Ann, there is a copy of John P. Brown's OLD FRONTIERS in the Heritage
        Room at the Huntsville Library.