John T. Turner

  • Joe Burt
    Message 1 of 6 , May 8, 2008
      John T and wife Delia were on 1930 Census Section. Could someone give me
      the other info on that census and if they were on 1920 census? Also if
      WF Smith is in the same prcinct.
      Thank You.
      JaNelle Burt
      Message 2 of 6 , May 8, 2008
        JaNelle

        1930 Dist 31 Section Jackson Co. AL
        House 235 Family 236
        John T. Turner Dead a35 age first mar.18 AL AL AL Farmer
        Delia C. Wife 36 age first mar.15 AL AL AL
        J. C. Son 18 AL
        L. D. Son 16 AL
        Thomas H. Son 14 AL
        Lourena Dau 13 AL
        Christine Dau 11 GA
        Richard Son 9 AL
        Lois Dau 7 TX
        Ruby F. Dau TX
        Billie F. Son 3 5/12 TX

        Living next door is:

        House 236 Family 237
        William F. Smith 42 age first mar.17 GA GA GA Farmer
        Viola G. Wife 43 age first mar.18 AL NC AL
        Ninah G. Dau 16 AL GA AL
        Roy J. Son 15 AL
        Bertha G. Dau 13 AL
        Johnnie S. Dau 10 AL
        William A. Son 5 AL
        Byford SmartHired Hand 18 AL AL AL Farm Laborer

        I did not seen John T. on the 1820, may have been in GA since Christine was born there, however I did find him there either.

      • Joe Burt
        Message 3 of 6 , May 8, 2008
          Thank you so much.
          JaNelle
          Two of the Turners married Whitleys. Is there a Whitley family in the area?

          clay gullatt wrote:

          > JaNelle
          >
          > 1930 Dist 31 Section Jackson Co. AL
          > House 235 Family 236
          > John T. Turner Dead a35 age first mar.18 AL AL AL Farmer
          > Delia C. Wife 36 age first mar.15 AL AL AL
          > J. C. Son 18 AL
          > L. D. Son 16 AL
          > Thomas H. Son 14 AL
          > Lourena Dau 13 AL
          > Christine Dau 11 GA
          > Richard Son 9 AL
          > Lois Dau 7 TX
          > Ruby F. Dau TX
          > Billie F. Son 3 5/12 TX
          >
          > Living next door is:
          >
          > House 236 Family 237
          > William F. Smith 42 age first mar.17 GA GA GA Farmer
          > Viola G. Wife 43 age first mar.18 AL NC AL
          > Ninah G. Dau 16 AL GA AL
          > Roy J. Son 15 AL
          > Bertha G. Dau 13 AL
          > Johnnie S. Dau 10 AL
          > William A. Son 5 AL
          > Byford SmartHired Hand 18 AL AL AL Farm Laborer
          >
          > I did not seen John T. on the 1820, may have been in GA since
          > Christine was born there, however I did find him there either.
          >
          > Clay

        • CD Woods
          Message 4 of 6 , May 9, 2008
            Janelle,

            Do any of your lines include a John Calvin Turner? He was married to a Lydia Goff.

            Carol McCrary Woods

            Message 5 of 6 , May 9, 2008
              JaNelle

              Three Whitley families on the 1920 all listed in Dutton.

              1920 Dutton Jackson Co. AL

              House 164 Family 159
              John I. Whitley Head 40 AL NC GA Farmer
              Legia A. Dau 16 All children b. AL
              William R. E. Son 12
              Robert L. Son 11
              Winnie E. Dau 9
              Mary L. Dau 6
              James L. L. Son 4 5/12

              House 167 Family 161
              Willliam H. Whitley Head 69 NC NC NC Farmer
              Edna C. Wife 67 GA GA GA
              Nancy A. Dau 43 GA NC GA
              Ruthie Dau 24 AL NC GA
              Riley Son 24 AL NC GA

              House 349 Family 342
              William H. Whitley Head 30 AL SC?? SC?? Farmer
              Nancy J. Wife 30 All children b. AL
              Clide H. Son 10
              Edna T. Dau 8
              William H. Jr. Son 6
              Bertha R. E. Dau 4 3/12
              Johnnie L. Son 1 6/12

            • Joe Burt
              Message 6 of 6 , May 9, 2008
                Thank you. One of the families is who I was looking for. The Turners may
                have been in Tx for the 1920 census.
                Thanks again.
                JaNelle