Altoona

  • Flying60@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 8 7:44 AM
      Hi to list,

      I am researching the Gilley, Turner and Tomlin lines in Jackson County. Can
      nayone tell me how many cemeteries were in Altoona in 1930. On my Great
      grandparents death certificates it just says they were buried at Altoona. Is
      this a cemetery?

      Joyce

      Joyce Amberson Rogers
      Florence, Alabama
      Flying60@...

      Researching the following Surnames:
      Amberson,  Ayers, Ganey, Gober, Gilley, Gassaway,
      Hardwick/ Hartwick, Hill, King, Pendergrass, Randolph, Roberson, Rogers,
      Stewart, Thomason, Ward, Westbrook
    • DrKirby25@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 8 9:24 AM
        Altoona is a town in Blount Co. Al.
      • Jodeen Brown

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 18 5:09 PM
            Hi Joyce,
                 Do you know if you have any ties to any of the names in my tag? Specifically the Dover name. The one I know who married a Dover was from Ga. but died in  Anniston, Alabama. Also, I am interested in your Stewart line. Do you know of a Margaret Turner Stewart? Will look forward to your reply.
                                                            Thanks,
                                                                Sharon Dover Romanek
            Fax: 603-250-0747
            e-mail: PRIMARY sromanek@...