Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: ARNOLD and MANN

  • William Brockman
    Message 1 of 55 , May 2, 2008
      Hello John,
      Thank you so much for the reply and information regarding the ARNOLD'S. I will poke around and probably get back to you on this.

      Thanks again,
      BRENDA

      John Green <dragonriders@...> wrote:
      Brenda,

      There was at least one Arnold family who moved from Lincoln County TN
      to extreme northwest Jackson County AL between 1830 and 1840. This was
      Ralph C. Arnold (1787 - 1858) and his wife Jane Reid Arnold who moved
      to Lincoln County TN prior to 1820. I don't know where Ralph came
      from, but both North Carolina and Kentucky have been suggested by
      various researchers. Ralph's father was William Arnold (8/31/1749 -
      1806). I have only two other siblings identified with William: Robert
      and Henry. It is possible that there were others and your Mary would
      fit into the proper time frame, although I have never heard of her.
      Most generations of this family have large numbers of children. I have
      more data on this family if you are interested or think there might be
      a connection.

      John McCollum Green
      On Apr 29, 2008, at 4:33 PM, bbrock1945@... wrote:

      > Hi Clay,
      >
      > ARNOLD MANN?was born about 1798, probably in KY. but I'm not for
      > sure.? I beleive MARY ARNOLD was born before 1775, where is unknown.?
      > Jacob and Mary Arnold Mann were in Lincoln County, Kentucky in the
      > late 1780's and Christian County, Kentucky on the 1800 census.?
      >
      > By the 1830's, Arnold Mann was in southeast Missouri.? He married
      > first, Lucinda Biggers.? She died.? He later married widow, MATHERSEY/
      > THERSA/THERSEY WILLIAMS BLACKWELL, in about 1851.? She had just moved
      > from JA. CO. AL. to MO.?
      >
      > Thanks for your interest.? I have no leads on the Mary ARNOLD line
      > and thought some of that line might have removed from KY to AL.? I
      > have often thought that Mathersey Williams Blackwell might have known
      > Arnold Mann before removing to MO. as they married so quickly.? I have
      > found no family ties in MO. for she and her brother, John Williams.?
      > Wondered why they happened to go to Reynolds Co. Mo. from AL. in abt.
      > 1850.
      >
      > Brenda

    • Billy Hill
      Message 55 of 55 , May 5, 2008
        Clay, I have tried repeatedly to get an ID and password from Yahoo but they
        just keep sending me in circles. I would greatly appreciate your help to
        get an ID and password for me. My e-mail address is:

        denmanh@...

        _____