Re: [jacksongenealogy]- Etta J. (Haas) Stogsdill

    Message 1 of 55 , May 1, 2008
      Sharon

      I wasn't very clear on the footnote. Etta J. Stogsdill wife of Ben. F. Stogsdill has a footnote/correction, that a researcher has added, to the ancestry.com 1880 census record giving her maiden name as Etta J. Hass. Sally Hass age 70 Mother in Law b. NC matches Sarah Haas the wife of John Haas on the 1850 Cherokee Co. census. Sallie is the old nickname for Sarah. Etta J. is listed as one of her children on the 1850/1860 Cherokee Co. census (Elly J. on the 1850).

      I don't know when the Haas family started moving to Jackson Co. from Cherokee Co but Rachael Hass/Haas m. Daniel Surratt 26 Dec 1867 in Jackson Co.

    • Billy Hill
      Message 55 of 55 , May 5, 2008
        Clay, I have tried repeatedly to get an ID and password from Yahoo but they
        just keep sending me in circles. I would greatly appreciate your help to
        get an ID and password for me. My e-mail address is:

        denmanh@...

        _____