Re: [jacksongenealogy] Thomas W. Haas - Etta J. Haas

  • Sharon Henson
    Message 1 of 55 , May 1, 2008
      My Etta {Ettie} J married Benjamin Stogsdill and they lived in Jackson County around Pisgah as far as I know all of their married life. I know that in 1880, they lived in Pisgah near Eliga and Sarah E. {Stogsdill} Wilson because 2 of their nephews were living with them at the time of the census.
      I have been doing Spring Cleaning and have all of my genealogy notes etc. in my bedroom and I am not going to rely on my poor feeble brain to remember anything today.
      Sharon Langham Henson
      researching Wilson, Stogsdill, Gay, Long and Langham among others.

      clay gullatt <blackcloud27030@...> wrote: Sue

      This I believe is your Thomas W. Haas. This also shows Sharon's Etta J. Haas, she was Thomas W. Aunt.

      Years missing are where I have not found them yet.

      Clay

      1880 Dist 121 Jackson Co. AL
      House/Family 7
      Peter T.. Haas 43 Head Farmer NC NC NC (indexed as Peter P, I read it as T.)
      Marget J. 43 Wife Keeping House GA GA GA
      Mack D. 25 Son Laborer AL NC GA (McDaniel Haas)
      Lone J. 16 Son Laborer AL (Likely Malone Haas marriage records Lane J.)
      Martha A. 14 Dau AL
      Averila L 12 Dau AL
      Thomas 10 Son

      1900 Civil Dist 10 Franklin Co. TN
      House 205 Family 213
      Peter T. Haas Head Jan 1837 64 Mar.10yrs NC NC NC Farmer
      Nancy A. wife Jan 18 Jan 1866 40.10yrs 3Child/1Living TN TN TN
      Willie J. Son Oct 1892 7 TN NC TN At School
      Charles Money Stepson ??? 1886 14 TN AL TN At School

      1850 Dist 20 Cherokee Co. AL
      House/Family 74
      John Haas 52 Farmer NC
      Sarah 39 NC
      Robert 18 Farmer NC
      George 16 Farmer NC
      Peter 14 NC
      Elizabeth 11 AK
      Colbert 9 AL
      Sarah Ann 7 AL
      Elly J. 3 AL
      Rachael J. 5/12 AL
      Mary Haas 20 NC

      1860 Dist 3 Blue Pond PO Cherokee Co. AL
      House/Famiy 76
      Sarah Hass 49 Farming NC
      Colbert 19 Farming AL
      Sarah A. 19 Domestic AL
      Etta J. 14 AL
      John L. 8 AL

      House/Family 77
      Peter Hass 24 Farmer NC
      Margaret J. 24/34?? GA
      John J. 7 AL
      McDaniel 6 AL
      Wm B. 4 AL
      Margaret J. 2 AL
      George H. 11 AL

      1879 Township 9 Range 8 Sand Rock PO Cherokee AL
      House 33 Family 36
      S. Haas 58 Housekeeper NC
      Sarah A. 23 AL
      Elizabeth C. 7

      1920 Tupelo Jackson Co. AL
      House/Family 128
      Thomas W. Haas Head 51 AL AL AL Farmer General Farm
      Rebecca A. Wife 39 AL AL AL Laborer Home Farm
      Thomas W. Sone 20 AL AL AL Laberor Home Farm
      Dilla M. 14 Dau Laborer Home Farm
      Josee B. 12 Dau Laborer Home Farm
      Emma 9 Dau
      William S. 8
      George A. 4 4/12
      Francis L. 9/12

      There is a John Haas of the right age in Burke Co. NC on the 1830.

      John Haas m. Sarah Dry 27 Jul 1828 Burke Co. NC Source: County Court Records at Morganton NC and Family His.

    • Billy Hill
      Message 55 of 55 , May 5, 2008
        Clay, I have tried repeatedly to get an ID and password from Yahoo but they
        just keep sending me in circles. I would greatly appreciate your help to
        get an ID and password for me. My e-mail address is:

        denmanh@...

        _____