Re: [jacksongenealogy] Re: ARNOLD and MANN

  • John Green
    Message 1 of 55 , May 1, 2008
      Brenda,

      There was at least one Arnold family who moved from Lincoln County TN
      to extreme northwest Jackson County AL between 1830 and 1840. This was
      Ralph C. Arnold (1787 - 1858) and his wife Jane Reid Arnold who moved
      to Lincoln County TN prior to 1820. I don't know where Ralph came
      from, but both North Carolina and Kentucky have been suggested by
      various researchers. Ralph's father was William Arnold (8/31/1749 -
      1806). I have only two other siblings identified with William: Robert
      and Henry. It is possible that there were others and your Mary would
      fit into the proper time frame, although I have never heard of her.
      Most generations of this family have large numbers of children. I have
      more data on this family if you are interested or think there might be
      a connection.

      John McCollum Green
      On Apr 29, 2008, at 4:33 PM, bbrock1945@... wrote:

      > Hi Clay,
      >
      > ARNOLD MANN?was born about 1798, probably in KY. but I'm not for
      > sure.? I beleive MARY ARNOLD was born before 1775, where is unknown.?
      > Jacob and Mary Arnold Mann were in Lincoln County, Kentucky in the
      > late 1780's and Christian County, Kentucky on the 1800 census.?
      >
      > By the 1830's, Arnold Mann was in southeast Missouri.? He married
      > first, Lucinda Biggers.? She died.? He later married widow, MATHERSEY/
      > THERSA/THERSEY WILLIAMS BLACKWELL, in about 1851.? She had just moved
      > from JA. CO. AL. to MO.?
      >
      > Thanks for your interest.? I have no leads on the Mary ARNOLD line
      > and thought some of that line might have removed from KY to AL.? I
      > have often thought that Mathersey Williams Blackwell might have known
      > Arnold Mann before removing to MO. as they married so quickly.? I have
      > found no family ties in MO. for she and her brother, John Williams.?
      > Wondered why they happened to go to Reynolds Co. Mo. from AL. in abt.
      > 1850.
      >
      > Brenda

    • Billy Hill
      Message 55 of 55 , May 5, 2008
        Clay, I have tried repeatedly to get an ID and password from Yahoo but they
        just keep sending me in circles. I would greatly appreciate your help to
        get an ID and password for me. My e-mail address is:

        denmanh@...

        _____