Re: Posting Jackson County

  • Taterib@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4 5:57 AM
      I know someone who lives in Jackson County Al that may can help you on some
      of your names. I'll contact her and find out. I lived there for a while and
      the Foshee name is somewhat familiar to me. I know of a family that had a
      small grocery store there. My cousin also was married for a short time to a
      Foshee. Do you live in this area? My family was Hampton I am researching
      them.

      I'll forward your email to her.

      Hope this will help.
      Sincerely,
      Judy Shrader Tate (Hampton descendent)
    • BARBARA SWEAT
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4 6:09 AM
        Hi,
        Thanks for answering. No, I live in Athens-about a 2 hr. drive away. My grdad, Ed Durham, moved from there to Athens in the late 1920's. I know I still have relatives up there-1 is a sheriff Smith, but I don't know his name.
        I'll let you know if I run across any Hamptons & will forward your letter to a friend who's researching lots of folks there.
        Thanks again,
        Jane

      • rubyb@edge.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6 5:27 PM

          My uncle, Roy Gray, Married Louise Foshee. She has a sister named, Ann Foshee, a brother named Leroy Foshee, a brother Chester Foshee, and other children that I can’t remember the names for.  Several of them are still living.  Louise is 76 years old.This family lives in Pisgah, AL and the Rosalie, AL communities.  I remember the wonderful parents of these folks.  They were a wonderful couple; but they died when I was about 16 years old.  I knew them only as Mr. And Mrs. Foshee.  If you think these might be the right Foshee’s, I can ask around next time I am in Pisgah—I live in TN and don’t get to Pisgah very often.  I also knew a Burt Foshee who went to Pisgah School.  He had a sister, Peggy Foshee, who moved to Florida.

          Ruby