Smiths/ Durhams In Jackson County

  • b_sweat@msn.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2001
      I am looking for my family in Jackson Co. Thomas Obediah Smith &
      wife, Penina, moved from Tn. to Jackson Co. in the late 1800's. Some
      of their children were: Ethel Smith Durham, Carrie Martha Foshee,
      Benjamin Franklin, Reuben, Ellie Smith Sexton, Georgia Smith Coulson.
      My grmother, Ethel, m. Ed Durham, son of John & Harriet Nichols
      Durham. Siblings included James Macklin, Wm. Mason, Eda, Paralee Jane.
      Would love to find more information. I know I have relatives still
      there.
      Thanks.
    • nrnolan@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2001
        my great uncle married Paralee Foshee His name was Randolph Hackworth. He and
        Paralee raised my grandmother. I have found their date of marriage in the
        Hackworth message, and they are buried in the Hackworth cemetary in Stevenson
        Alabama. There is some information about them in the book" the Stevenson
        Story" by Eliza Woodall.  Hope this helps.