Re: [jacksongenealogy] McLemore

  • Raymond Shirley
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14, 2001
      JohnandRosa@... wrote:

      > I am trying to find my roots of the McLemores. If any one knows any thing, please let me know. thanks

      A good beginning is to visit your local library and check the census records for the years you think your
      ancestors may have lived in the state. If you find them listed in the census, collect all the info you
      can from the census roll. If they don't appear in the Jackson County census, check neighboring counties,
      including Franklin and Marion counties, TN.
      Another approach is to visit the surname list at Rootsweb. Type in the surname you are researching and
      see what Rootsweb has in its archives. Good hunting.