Re: [jacksongenealogy] Williams / Dunn Famlys

  • George Dunn
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 19, 2008
      Clay,
      I've studied this marriage license over and over but I can't make it out, for sure. I'm thinking that there were two William Dunn's living in the Fabius general area, mine who married Mrs. Williams and another who married Arilissie Marshall. Too bad everyone is gone now and I'm almost the oldest in the family. I'm still stuck at; What is Mrs. Williams name.
      Thanks for the reply Clay. Take care.
      George
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 19, 2008
        George

        1900 Civil Dist 3 Hamilton Co. TN
        House 502 Family 513
        W. D. Dunn Head Nov 1853 46 Wd AL AL AL Farmer
        John L. Williams Step-son Sep 1887 13 AL TN TN
        Golden Dunn Son May 1890 10 AL TN TN
        Annie Dunn Dau Oct 1891 8 AL TN TN
        Georgia A Hadley M-in-Law Aug 1843 57 Wd GA GA GA House Work

        Of course not a Hadley in Jackson County.

        1910 Civil Dist 2 Hamilton Co. TN
        House 280 Family 292
        William H. Dunn Head 56 Wd AL AL AL Farmer
        Golden R. Son 21 AL AL AL Driver Tea/Coffee Co
        Anna L. Dau 18 AL AL AL
        Georgia A. Handley Mother in Law 69 Wd 3child/2living GA GA GA

        No Handleys in Jackson Co either.

        Does give you a half brother and sister for John L.

      • George Dunn
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 20, 2008
          Clay,
          Yes, this census threw me for loop for quite awhile. Turns out that William Henry married again after my Grandfather was born and GGrandMother passed. He married a Sallie Handley and they had a daughter Annie. I happened upon a family tree at Ancestry.com mentioning Annie. I contacted the owner and he filled in the details. So from my point of view, the Handley's are actually not part of my line but still cousins since we share William Henry Dunn. According to the owner, Annie said she was born in Montgomery, Al. So I need to research a bit there to see if I can find GGrandMother obit, cemetery, etc.
          Thanks,
          George