Re: [jacksongenealogy] Williams / Dunn Famlys

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 19, 2008
      George

      The only thing that comes close is this.

      J. H. Williams m. T. A. Kugler 02 Aug 1885 MOG J. B. Peterson OS Page 519

      From what I have seen of other examples on the marriage index, Mrs. I. T. Williams, I. T. would have been the bride's initials. Only a close look at the marriage certificate would tell just what the initials were and if they been copied correctly.

      Of course nary a Kugler or anything near it in Jackson Co other than that one marriage.

    • RKi4222422@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 19, 2008
        Plinias A. Dunn migrated to Texas from Tennessee. Wife Mary Price children
        John, Leona. Plinias later married Cora Bess daughter of Wylie and Susannne
        Killian. Montague county, Texas.

        listings at AOL Autos.

      • George Dunn
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 19, 2008
          Clay,
          I've studied this marriage license over and over but I can't make it out, for sure. I'm thinking that there were two William Dunn's living in the Fabius general area, mine who married Mrs. Williams and another who married Arilissie Marshall. Too bad everyone is gone now and I'm almost the oldest in the family. I'm still stuck at; What is Mrs. Williams name.
          Thanks for the reply Clay. Take care.
          George
          The only thing that comes close is this.

          J. H. Williams m. T. A. Kugler 02 Aug 1885 MOG J. B. Peterson OS Page 519

          From what I have seen of other examples on the marriage index, Mrs. I. T. Williams, I. T. would have been the bride's initials. Only a close look at the marriage certificate would tell just what the initials were and if they been copied correctly.

          Of course nary a Kugler or anything near it in Jackson Co other than that one marriage.

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 19, 2008
            George

            1900 Civil Dist 3 Hamilton Co. TN
            House 502 Family 513
            W. D. Dunn Head Nov 1853 46 Wd AL AL AL Farmer
            John L. Williams Step-son Sep 1887 13 AL TN TN
            Golden Dunn Son May 1890 10 AL TN TN
            Annie Dunn Dau Oct 1891 8 AL TN TN
            Georgia A Hadley M-in-Law Aug 1843 57 Wd GA GA GA House Work

            Of course not a Hadley in Jackson County.

            1910 Civil Dist 2 Hamilton Co. TN
            House 280 Family 292
            William H. Dunn Head 56 Wd AL AL AL Farmer
            Golden R. Son 21 AL AL AL Driver Tea/Coffee Co
            Anna L. Dau 18 AL AL AL
            Georgia A. Handley Mother in Law 69 Wd 3child/2living GA GA GA

            No Handleys in Jackson Co either.

            Does give you a half brother and sister for John L.

          • George Dunn
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 20, 2008
              Clay,
              Yes, this census threw me for loop for quite awhile. Turns out that William Henry married again after my Grandfather was born and GGrandMother passed. He married a Sallie Handley and they had a daughter Annie. I happened upon a family tree at Ancestry.com mentioning Annie. I contacted the owner and he filled in the details. So from my point of view, the Handley's are actually not part of my line but still cousins since we share William Henry Dunn. According to the owner, Annie said she was born in Montgomery, Al. So I need to research a bit there to see if I can find GGrandMother obit, cemetery, etc.
              Thanks,
              George