Williams / Dunn Famlys

  • tongyham25
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 19, 2008
      Hi,
      In researching my family,Dunn, I've found that William Henry Dunn
      married a Mrs. I. T. Williams 9/6/1889. According to the license in
      Fabius. Does anyone have any information on an I. T. Williams marrying
      about 1886 plus or minus? They had one child, John Lewis Williams b.
      Sept 1887 who moved to Seattle, Washington in the early 1920s. I. T.
      Williams' death would have been around 1887 to 1888. Possible names for
      the bride; Artilis Marshall or Artilis Coogler. Also, if anyone might
      know the death date and burial place of Mrs. W.H. Dunn, that would be
      great. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
      If anyone in this group lives in Jackson County and gets up to Sand
      Mountain, say HI to my kin.
      George Dunn
    • KLinge6131@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 19, 2008
        Artilisa Marshall was the youngest of Absolum and Artilissa Greer's eleven
        children, born Dec. 12, 1866. I have some information on several of her
        Bunyon Ridley. Martha oldest married a Mr. Olds on Sand Mt. After his death
        she lived with her sister Mary L. who married Charles Martin Parton, also on
        Sand Mt. Hannah b. 1848 married a Mr. Snelson,he either died or they divorced
        early. She and brother, Hugh P. are buried in Caperton Cemetery. George
        Humphrey b. 1855 married Dr. Nellie Mason, daughter of Dr. William Mason, went to
        OK.
        Found W. I b. 1846 living alone in Texas. John I. b 1845 also went to OK. no
        other information. Linny Jane b. 1860, I have no information, July Ann b.
        1851 the same. My G grandmother, Francis Ellen died near Stevenson, Al. and is
        buried on the Ridley Homeplace.She died 1875, there was no marker until 2001,
        just a field stone. After confirming she was there I had a Marker placed by
        Skyline Monument Co...
        I continue to search for this family. Absolem came from S. C. and
        Artilissa,his wife from Tn.
        My cousin Clay Gullatt found the information that Artillisse Marshall m.
        William Dunn 16 Sept 1866 (JOP)A.J. Hogue OS page 60, in 2006. If you other
        information, I will gladly share. Kay M. Lingenfelter

        listings at AOL Autos.

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 19, 2008
          George

          The only thing that comes close is this.

          J. H. Williams m. T. A. Kugler 02 Aug 1885 MOG J. B. Peterson OS Page 519

          From what I have seen of other examples on the marriage index, Mrs. I. T. Williams, I. T. would have been the bride's initials. Only a close look at the marriage certificate would tell just what the initials were and if they been copied correctly.

          Of course nary a Kugler or anything near it in Jackson Co other than that one marriage.

        • RKi4222422@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 19, 2008
            Plinias A. Dunn migrated to Texas from Tennessee. Wife Mary Price children
            John, Leona. Plinias later married Cora Bess daughter of Wylie and Susannne
            Killian. Montague county, Texas.

            listings at AOL Autos.

          • George Dunn
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 19, 2008
              Clay,
              I've studied this marriage license over and over but I can't make it out, for sure. I'm thinking that there were two William Dunn's living in the Fabius general area, mine who married Mrs. Williams and another who married Arilissie Marshall. Too bad everyone is gone now and I'm almost the oldest in the family. I'm still stuck at; What is Mrs. Williams name.
              Thanks for the reply Clay. Take care.
              George
              The only thing that comes close is this.

              J. H. Williams m. T. A. Kugler 02 Aug 1885 MOG J. B. Peterson OS Page 519

              From what I have seen of other examples on the marriage index, Mrs. I. T. Williams, I. T. would have been the bride's initials. Only a close look at the marriage certificate would tell just what the initials were and if they been copied correctly.

              Of course nary a Kugler or anything near it in Jackson Co other than that one marriage.

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 19, 2008
                George

                1900 Civil Dist 3 Hamilton Co. TN
                House 502 Family 513
                W. D. Dunn Head Nov 1853 46 Wd AL AL AL Farmer
                John L. Williams Step-son Sep 1887 13 AL TN TN
                Golden Dunn Son May 1890 10 AL TN TN
                Annie Dunn Dau Oct 1891 8 AL TN TN
                Georgia A Hadley M-in-Law Aug 1843 57 Wd GA GA GA House Work

                Of course not a Hadley in Jackson County.

                1910 Civil Dist 2 Hamilton Co. TN
                House 280 Family 292
                William H. Dunn Head 56 Wd AL AL AL Farmer
                Golden R. Son 21 AL AL AL Driver Tea/Coffee Co
                Anna L. Dau 18 AL AL AL
                Georgia A. Handley Mother in Law 69 Wd 3child/2living GA GA GA

                No Handleys in Jackson Co either.

                Does give you a half brother and sister for John L.

              • George Dunn
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 20, 2008
                  Clay,
                  Yes, this census threw me for loop for quite awhile. Turns out that William Henry married again after my Grandfather was born and GGrandMother passed. He married a Sallie Handley and they had a daughter Annie. I happened upon a family tree at Ancestry.com mentioning Annie. I contacted the owner and he filled in the details. So from my point of view, the Handley's are actually not part of my line but still cousins since we share William Henry Dunn. According to the owner, Annie said she was born in Montgomery, Al. So I need to research a bit there to see if I can find GGrandMother obit, cemetery, etc.
                  Thanks,
                  George