Re: [jacksongenealogy] Thomas Shaver 1900 Census

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 17 5:00 AM
      Jennifer

      Correct Thomas Shaver's birth date to Jan 1873.

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 18 8:13 PM
        Passing this on from the NE-AL list in case someone is researching this family.

        William Isaac Sanders m. (1) Ida Bowman, Madison Co. AL. (2) Violet Bowman, Marshall Co. AL (Sisters)

        William and Violet are buried in the Indianola Cem, Indianola, OK.

        I looked him up on the census.

        1900 Tupelo, Jackson Co. AL William I. is listed with his parents John C. and Milinda R. Sanders. He was b. May 1893 AL.

        1910 He is indexed as William J. Sanders with his parents John C. and Malinda R. in Wood Co. TX

        1920 He is indexed as William T. Sanders with wife Ida in Quitman, Wood, Co. TX.

        1930 He is indexed as William L. Sanders with wife Violet M. or W. in Bucklucksy, Pittsburg Co. OK also two daughters age 9 and 6.

        I read his initial on all as an I.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 19 6:39 AM
          For Ann Chambless

          Manerva Geron b. 4 Jun 1816 Madison Co. AL d. after 1880 and before 1893 Jackson Co. AL?
          m. (1) John D. Allen ca 1834 Jackson Co. AL (5 children)
          John b. ca 1818 d. ca 1847
          m. (2) William Gullatt 20 May 1866 Jackson Co. AL (no children)
          William b. ca 1801 Lincoln Co. GA d. 6 Dec 1893 near Dutton Jackson Co. AL

          Children
          Martha Allen b. 1835
          John D. Allen b. 1840
          Francis Allen b. 1842
          Mary Allen b. 1844
          Lucile (Lucy) Allen b. 1846

          Manerva Geron was oldest child of Solomon Geron b. 2 Mar 1790 Roane Co. TN d. 2 Sep 1826 Jackson MS and Charity Hinds b. 1798 TN d. Ukn (they had 7 children Manerva, Simeon, Marena Conado, Charles Clayborn, William Wilborn, John W., and Alfred)

          Solomon Geron was son of Solomon Geron b. 28 Dec 1761 Randolph Co. NC d. 3 Jun 1841 Kingston, Roane Co. TN and Eleanor/Eleander Owens/Owings b. ca 1763 Baltimore MD d. 5 Feb 1852 Kingston, Roane Co. TN m. 25 Dec 1785 Burke Co. NC (pension app. says 1784 by Wm Sumpter in Burk Co NC given by Edward Owings)

          Family tree takes the Gerons and Owens/Owings further back.

          Solloman Geron Gearran (Geron) is listed 1840 Census Roane Co. TN and as a pensioner of the Rev. War. He is also on a list of pensioners of the Rev War in Roane Co. and as age 73 in 1832 with service in NC.

          In reading thru his Rev.War pension and bounty land application and the census surname is spelled variously Geron, Geren, Gearran among others. I am still reading his Rev. War file it's way too long for me to download and mail to Dr. Hewlett.