Thomas Shaver 1900 Census

  • Jennifer (Robertson) Goodman Murray
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 16, 2008
      Hello, everyone,
      I was wondering if someone could help me that might have access to the
      1900 Census records of Jackson County.
      There is a Thomas Shaver listed with a birth date of about 1873 but I
      cannot access the record. Can someone let me know what other
      information that census record states? I am trying to find info on a
      Thomas Shaver who I think died around 1924. He lived in Jackson
      County, married a Mary Evans...had a son and a daughter...got sick and
      left to go to Arkansas and died in Arkansas. I would like any more
      info as possible and I think this census record might be the Thomas
      Shaver I am looking for.

      Thanks in advance for your help.

      Jennifer (Robertson) Goodman Murra
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 16, 2008
        Jennifer

        1900 Jackson Co. AL

        House/Family 92
        Thomas Shaver White Male Jan 1872 27 D (Divorced) AL TN TN Day Laborer

        I could not find him on the 1880 census.

        If you want the census image I can email it to you.

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 17, 2008
          Jennifer

          Correct Thomas Shaver's birth date to Jan 1873.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 18, 2008
            Passing this on from the NE-AL list in case someone is researching this family.

            William Isaac Sanders m. (1) Ida Bowman, Madison Co. AL. (2) Violet Bowman, Marshall Co. AL (Sisters)

            William and Violet are buried in the Indianola Cem, Indianola, OK.

            I looked him up on the census.

            1900 Tupelo, Jackson Co. AL William I. is listed with his parents John C. and Milinda R. Sanders. He was b. May 1893 AL.

            1910 He is indexed as William J. Sanders with his parents John C. and Malinda R. in Wood Co. TX

            1920 He is indexed as William T. Sanders with wife Ida in Quitman, Wood, Co. TX.

            1930 He is indexed as William L. Sanders with wife Violet M. or W. in Bucklucksy, Pittsburg Co. OK also two daughters age 9 and 6.

            I read his initial on all as an I.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 19, 2008
              For Ann Chambless

              Manerva Geron b. 4 Jun 1816 Madison Co. AL d. after 1880 and before 1893 Jackson Co. AL?
              m. (1) John D. Allen ca 1834 Jackson Co. AL (5 children)
              John b. ca 1818 d. ca 1847
              m. (2) William Gullatt 20 May 1866 Jackson Co. AL (no children)
              William b. ca 1801 Lincoln Co. GA d. 6 Dec 1893 near Dutton Jackson Co. AL

              Children
              Martha Allen b. 1835
              John D. Allen b. 1840
              Francis Allen b. 1842
              Mary Allen b. 1844
              Lucile (Lucy) Allen b. 1846

              Manerva Geron was oldest child of Solomon Geron b. 2 Mar 1790 Roane Co. TN d. 2 Sep 1826 Jackson MS and Charity Hinds b. 1798 TN d. Ukn (they had 7 children Manerva, Simeon, Marena Conado, Charles Clayborn, William Wilborn, John W., and Alfred)

              Solomon Geron was son of Solomon Geron b. 28 Dec 1761 Randolph Co. NC d. 3 Jun 1841 Kingston, Roane Co. TN and Eleanor/Eleander Owens/Owings b. ca 1763 Baltimore MD d. 5 Feb 1852 Kingston, Roane Co. TN m. 25 Dec 1785 Burke Co. NC (pension app. says 1784 by Wm Sumpter in Burk Co NC given by Edward Owings)

              Family tree takes the Gerons and Owens/Owings further back.

              Solloman Geron Gearran (Geron) is listed 1840 Census Roane Co. TN and as a pensioner of the Rev. War. He is also on a list of pensioners of the Rev War in Roane Co. and as age 73 in 1832 with service in NC.

              In reading thru his Rev.War pension and bounty land application and the census surname is spelled variously Geron, Geren, Gearran among others. I am still reading his Rev. War file it's way too long for me to download and mail to Dr. Hewlett.