Re: Sublett/House

  • pegncal73
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2008
      Thank you Jimmie, Yes, the Benjamin F. House listed is my great-great grandfather. He and
      Lydia (his first wife) already had 3 daughters when my great-great grandmother Sophronia
      was born in 1881, in Al. Sophronia wasn't living with her father and his second wife, Susan
      Sparks House (they married in 1889 in Ark.) during the 1900 census, as she was already
      married to her stepmother's brother, Oscar Sparks.
      I'm trying to get documented proof that Sophronia was Lydia's daughter because I'm trying to
      join the Daughter's of the American Revolution and this is the only generational connection
      for which I don't have documentation. I don't have a family bible, Sophronia isn't listed in the
      same census as Lydia, since Sophronia was born after the 1880 census and Lydia died before
      1889, so.....I'm hoping to find the location of Lydia's grave and hope she has a tombstone.
      Also, I'm hoping to find an old newspaper which might have Lydia's obituary listed. I've also
      checked Mississippi & Tennessee death records and she isn't listed, thinking that she may
      have died en route to Arkansas, so I'll keep on looking...... Thanks for your help!!