RE: [jacksongenealogy] Sublett/House line in Jackson County, Ala.

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 12, 2008
      There are no death records for Alabama prior to 1908. If she is not listed with a headstone in a cemetery there really is no way to find when she died or where she is buried. Some churches have records of who is buried in their cemeteries but you would have to know what church cemetery she was buried in. I did check the MegaCem File and Guntersville Flooded and did not find her.

      George W. Sublett and family in 1850 were living next to my GGAunt and GGUncle Samuel and Lucinda (Gullatt) Thompson and 1 house away from my GGGrandmother Catherine Gullatt this is just to the south of old Bellefonte.

      In 1852 George W. Sublett patented land on Sand Mountain near what is now Chisenhall Cemetery Sect 21 TS5 R6. Martha J. patented 3 parcels in Sect 25 TS5 R6 in 1884. The Houses lived in this same area of Sand Mountain it looks like.

    • Jimmie Ryan
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 13, 2008
        Thank you Clay, as always you seem to come up with many things that just
        amaze me.