Re: [jacksongenealogy] Sunday School book for either Hodge church or Chaney's chapel

  • Ann B. Chambless
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2008
      JaNelle: Would you allow me to print the names you glean or a short
      summary you might write based on Chaney Chapel book? In case you do
      not know, I have served as editor of the Jackson County Historical
      Association's quarterly publication, THE JACKSON COUNTY CHRONICLES, fot
      he past 30 years. I attempt to research, compile, edit, and print as
      much previously uncirculated material as possible from historical documents.
      Ann B. Chambless
      > .

    • Joe Burt
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 2008
        I would be glad to send you a copy of it. It's only for 2 months and
        I'm not sure which church it is. My gfather was a Methodist minister but
        preached at different churches iin the area, He died in 1935 so maybe
        the reason it wasn't longer.. Have you read the book on Dutton by Jewell
        D. Tigue Smalley?
        I'm related to Ray's, Hughes, and Smiths. Some of the Hughes gave the
        land for the church in Hodge to be used by all denominations.
        I also have a picture from the 1930's of Chaney's Chapel and the
        congregation.
        JaNelle

        Ann B. Chambless wrote:

        > JaNelle: Would you allow me to print the names you glean or a short
        > summary you might write based on Chaney Chapel book? In case you do
        > not know, I have served as editor of the Jackson County Historical
        > Association's quarterly publication, THE JACKSON COUNTY CHRONICLES, fot
        > he past 30 years. I attempt to research, compile, edit, and print as
        > much previously uncirculated material as possible from historical
        > documents.
        > Ann B. Chambless
        > > .

      • Ann B. Chambless
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 22, 2008
          THANK YOU so much for mailing me a copy of your W. F. Smith's Sunday
          School Class roll. I have enjoyed looking at the names, and, as time
          permits, I will attempt to determine the area where these people lived
          via the 1930 Jackson County census. Will let you know IF I can reach a
          conclusion sound enough to make a "location statement" when I use your
          material in a future issue of THE JACKSON COUNTY CHRONICLES.
          Thanks for sharing!
          Ann B. Chambless
        • Joe Burt
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 22, 2008
            Ann
            I think it's probably Hodge. That's the area they lived in and the
            church was used by different denominations. My gfather was a Methodist
            minister, but I don't know if he was ever officially ordained. Do have
            notes for some of his sermons and his study bible. My Mom said he
            preached at Hodge, Dutton and Rosalie amoung other places.
            JaNelle