Colvin / Harveston Family Info Needed

  • testyyyq
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2008
      I am trying to determine the dates of death for Elijah Colvin, b 1861,
      his wife Varlena (Haveston) Colvin, b 1862,and their daughter Mary E.
      (Colvin) Barnes, b 1889. Elijah and Varlena were listed in the 1910
      Census as living in Marion County, TN along with their married daughter
      Mary and her husband John Barnes and their son Joseph L. In the 1920
      Census Elijah and Varlena were living in Long Island, Jackson, AL. I
      know that they were dead by 1935 and according to sources, they are
      buried in an unmarked grave in the Pleasant Grove Cemetery in Jasper,
      TN. I know that their son Claude died in 1925 in Long Island, AL and
      is buried in Harris Chapel Cemetery, Long Island, AL. I know that
      their daughter Mary (Colvin) Barnes died approximately 1920. Elijah and
      Varlena had several other children but none of the documents reviewed
      so far concerning the children make any reference to their parent's
      deaths. I checked the Alabama death listing and was unable to locate
      either of the names. I have checked the Tennessee death listings upto
      1924 without any luck. I have also checked both Alabama and Tennesse
      records regarding Mary (Colvin) Barnes without success.
    • Joy
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6, 2008
        Hubby & I were out messing around today, and found a cemetery with no signage whatsoever in Stevenson.

        From hwy 72, you turn by Bubba's Dairy Bar, like you're going into the subdivision there (Sara lane?). Anyhoo, as you start up the hill a little gravel road goes straight ahead, and there's a little small cemetary at the end of that gravel road. Some of the family names are Wimberly, Hoback, Adams, Phillips.

        Thank you.

        Joy