Hamilton update on my line

  • cmycats@austin.rr.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 12, 2008
      I have more info now with definite names of the children of Russel Hamilton of Jackson and Marshal Co's, AL.

      Russel Hamilton b c 1780 NC d 1858 MS He married Margaret Green b c 1793 NC.

      Confirmed children:
      1. Nathaniel Green Hamilton b 1810 NC d TX m Isabella Finley Marshall Co AL
      2. Caroline Hamilton m Hoton Howill (sic) (Horton Howell?)
      3. Catherine Hamilton m 1 Vaughan Mansah (Marshall, AL) 2)William Wornor (sic) (Werner)
      4. Joseph Dickens Hamilton
      5. Henderson A Hamilton m Martha UNK. (Steele?). (Jackson Co)
      6. Sarah (Sallie) Matilda Hamilton TN m John Cunningham b TN d Jackson AL 1866
      7. Telitha (Delitha) Clarinda Hamilton Jackson Co AL m Robert Parks b 1818 TN d 1866
      8. George A Hamilton b 1824 AL m 1) Eliza Ann Murphy

      9. Gabriel M. Hamilton AL b 1826 Jackson AL. d TX married 1) Emma A UNK. Lee co., MS c 1850, m 2) Mary Catherine Ready Pruitt/Prewitt 1854 TX Mary was probable daughter of John Ready Jr and Elizabeth Ellis (spent time in Jackson Co) (I think this is where Mary was born)

      10. Perry Clark Hamilton - married in MS
      11. Oretha Ritta Jane Hamilton m A.A. Rudisel
      12. Rufus Hamilton - no heirs.

      Deceased children without heirs were not mentioned in his will so there might be a few more that would fit into this time frame.

      Let me know if you see a connection.

      Thanks,
      Pam Cain
      cmycats@...
      cmycats@...
    • JL Hamilton
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 12, 2008
        I would love to find a connection to my Hamiltons. I am John L Hamilton Have
        you seen my tree my ancestors were originally from South Carolina?
        John L Hamilton

        _____

[...]

        cmycats@austin. <mailto:cmycats%40austin.rr.com> rr.com
        cmycats@aol. <mailto:cmycats%40aol.com> com

      • tongtiedtwisted
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 12, 2008
          Hi John,

          Would you send the link to me again? I have so many dead computers on
          my table...anyway, I couldn't find the email you sent with the link.

          Let me know your oldest confirmed ancestor from this area.

          I have to believe that other Hamiltons in the area were kin - either
          brothers or cousins to Russel. Most of my families migrated in groups.

          So far, we can tell he went NC>SC>TN>AL (Jackson and Marshall Cos)>MS
          (Itawamba then Tishomingo Cos).

          A couple of the children were born in TN - but I don't know where at
          this time.

          Henderson A. Hamilton died in Jackson CO. AL c 1838 and I think there
          was a will providing for his wife and one child, Margaret Hamilton.
          The mother remarried and moved to MS, so Margaret grew up in MS.

          I also wanted everyone to notice the surnames, CUNNINGHAM, PARKS,
          HOWILL/HOWELL were Jackson Co too, so, maybe someone in those groups
          can shed some light.

          Thanks!
          Pam
          cmycats@...