Re: [jacksongenealogy] Jackson County Alabama on Youtube

  • Amanda Schoolfield
    Message 1 of 46 , Feb 4, 2008
      Richard,

      Just wanted to say I have been watching your videos all afternoon. They are very interesting and entertaining!

      I wanted to ask, if you don't mind...what is your mom's family name? The reason I ask is that my great grandfather owned land on Sand Mountain and was wondering if they were neighbors there. My family from there are the Lusk's.

      Thanks for all your hard work bringing all this info to us who live far away. Love seeing all the places!!

      Amanda

      Richard Matthews <messabout@...> wrote: I think I called the Bellefonte one "ghost town cemetery". I have one video
      of my Dad called, "A ride with Mr. Ben", but yes, I need to do more. Some of
      the older folks are not too fond of being filmed.

      .....................................................................................................................................................................

      On Feb 4, 2008 1:10 PM, Regina Pipes <rgpipes@...> wrote:

      > I have been watching some of Richards's videos but what is the title of
      > the
      > one at Bellefonte? I didn't see it.
      >

      > Richard, you need to interview your Dad, Ben MATTHEWS. I know that he has
      > many stories to tell since he has lived there so long.
      >

      > Regina

    • Joe Burt
      Message 46 of 46 , Feb 7, 2008
        I really don't know, just started on the Boggus line. My grandmother
        Willie Benson Word's grand mother was a Boggus and 2 of my Word aunts
        married Boggus's. So far I have James Otis Olis? son of Thomas son of
        James son of Samuel son of James Charles. They came from Delaware, Va,
        Pa, and into Al. Does that connect with you?
        JaNelle