RE: [jacksongenealogy] Re: Ben Shahn's photographs of Scottsboro

  • rgpipes@hughes.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
      When I go to this site it comes up with thei site
      HYPERLINK "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsowhome.html"America from the Great
      Depression to World War II: Photographs from the FSA-OWI, 1935-1945
      Number:

      When I click on what comes up I find this

      HYPERLINK "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/amhome.html"[American Memory]

      HYPERLINK "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsowcap.html"FSA-OWI Photographs
      1935-1946
      HYPERLINK "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/fahome.html"Black & White
      Photos
      Over 160,000 photographs currently available HYPERLINK
      "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsachtml/fsowhome.html"Color Photos
      1600 total photographs

      HYPERLINK "http://lcweb.loc.gov/rr/print/"Prints and Photographs Division,
      Library of Congress

      _____

      The images in the HYPERLINK
      "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/fsainfo.html"Farm Security
      Administration-HYPERLINK
      "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/owiinfo.html"Office of War Information
      Collection are among the most famous documentary photographs ever produced.
      Created by a group of U.S. government photographers, the images show
      Americans in every part of the nation. In the early years, the project
      emphasized rural life and the negative impact of the Great Depression, farm
      mechanization, and the Dust Bowl. In later years, the photographers turned
      their attention to the mobilization effort for World War II. The core of the
      collection consists of about 164,000 black-and-white photographs. This
      release provides HYPERLINK
      "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsahtml/fahome.html"access to over 160,000 of
      these images; future additions will expand the black-and-white offering. The
      FSA-OWI photographers also produced about HYPERLINK
      "http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/fsachtml/fsowhome.html"1600 color photographs
      during the latter days of the project.

      Where do I go from here to find the pictures on Scottsboro?

      Thanks

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      1:50 PM

    • paula stockebrand
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 3, 2008
          Google American Memory From the Library of Congress - Home Page click on this when this comes up then enter Scottsboro Alabama or Skyline Farms in their search engine.